Chapter 35: Welcome back

Astrid's pov

After resting at home for 2 days, as instructed by the doctor, I was finally fit enough to go back to school. I missed my best friends Heather and Ruffnut, as well as hanging out with the rest of the gang and walking to school and back home with Hiccup. I might be new but I got along so well with everyone else. As usual, Hiccup always waited for me outside my house and I missed his presence in the morning where both of us would walk to school together. When Hiccup and I were closing in to the school compound, I saw Heather running up to me as she tackled me to the ground with Ruffnut running behind her. The sight of what was happening between me, Heather and Ruffnut left Hiccup shocked and worried.

"Astrid, I missed you so much, I'm so happy your back." Heather squealed.

"Yeah, Heather and I were very bored when you weren't with us during lunch time." Ruffnut added.

"Haha, I know I missed hanging out with you two." I said as the three of us helped each other up. Hiccup helped me up as well and asked, "Astrid, are you hurt?"

"Hurt, of course not" I said.

"Yeah, tackling each other to the ground is what typical besties do." Ruffnut explained.

"Uh, girls, I don't think Hiccup gets it, let's go!" Heather said as Heather, Ruffnut and I skipped into the school.

~Time skip to lunch~

Author's pov

The gang was sitting at their usual place enjoying their lunch. Everyone was talking and enjoying their lunch.

"Guys, since our exams are around the corner, we should probably study together?" Fishlegs said.

"That sounds like a great idea, anyone in?" Hiccup asked and everyone agreed.

"Okay, so whose house should we go to study?" Ruffnut asked.

"Hey Hiccup, your house is quite big, we should study at your house." Tuffnut suggested.

"What, no my house is in a mess right now so its best if we don't go there." Hiccup lied.

"Stop lying Hiccup, your house isn't messy, I have been there a lot of times and it isn't messy at all. Let's got to your house after school to study." Astrid said.

"Yeah, and maybe we can swim there or go to the mall nearby after we're done studying." Heather added.

"Sounds great, see y'all later." Hiccup said.