Chapter 15: The day before the trip

Astrid's pov

It was lunch time and I was sitting with the gang, talking about how one month passed by so fast, tomorrow was already the trip to Out-Cast Village.

"So, who's sitting with who tomorrow in the bus, we all know that the two lovebirds are sitting together." Ruffnut sarcastically pointed out.

"C'mon, we all know that I'm sitting with my buddy, Eret obviously." Dagur said.

"Wait, Eret? You know he's with Snotlout, right?" Heather questioned.

"He's actually with us but has always helped Snotlout and his gang do their homework, and since he was smart and Snotlout's gang has always trusted him. He never got into detention and has always been top of his classes." Dagur explained.

"So, he's a good guy after all." Heather asked.

"Trust me, he's not one of them. He's definitely the nicest guy you have ever met." Dagur said.

"Okay so there's me and Ruff, Dagur and Eret, Hiccstrid and omg, Heather and Fishlegs, Heathlegs." Tuffnut said.

"Well, technically, Heather and I are somewhat like partners in crime and have always sat together on school trips so yeah that explains why we sit together all the time." Heather explained.

"Are you saying what I think your saying?" I smirked.

"Astrid, Heather and I are friends only, no more, no less." Fishlegs retorted back.

"Calm down, I'm just kidding only. Besides, there are plenty of fishes in the sea so you can slowly pick which one is your favorite fish among the many species of fishes." I said.

"Says the one who confessed your love for Hiccup in front of the whole school last month." Heather said.

"Heather, I'm gonna kill you if you talk about that incident again, it wasn't the right time to confess but it just came out of my mouth." I said as the rest of us were silent for a while.

"Hey, I heard the chicken laid eggs." Heather lied, distracting the twins so she and I could have a girls talk.

"Wait really, I gotta go see them." Tuffnut said as he got up and sprinted out grabbing his sister.

"So, you ready for the performance, we can go to Hiccup's house to practice our dance again if you want." I offered.

"Well, kindoff, but I don't have any clothes that are kpop themed." Heather said.

"Don't worry, you don't need to have kpop merch to wear when we are on stage, we can find clothes that are similar to what kpop idols would wear when they are on stage." I said as I placed my hand on Heather's shoulder.

"So, shopping after school?" I said.

"Omg, heck yeah!" Heather exclaimed.

"I can come along to help you hold whatever you're buying." Hiccup said and I agreed.

Author's pov

Once the school bell rang, the trio, Hiccup, Astrid and Heather went to the shopping mall near their school to shop for some clothes. Heather and Astrid were talking about what kind off clothes they should buy for their performance, while poor Hiccup was being dragged around the whole entire mall by the girls, holding loads of shopping bags and not talking much to his girlfriend. After two hours of shopping, the trio went back to Hiccup's house to practice one more time for their performance on Sunday.

Astrid's pov

Once Heather and I were done with practice, Heather and I felt bored.

"Heather, you up for a kpop random dance?" I asked.

"You just read my mind. We should definitely upload it onto YouTube." She replied.

"Alright, let's do it. We'll use my phone to film and yours for the music." I said as Heather nodded. I took out my phone, placed it on her tripod stand and started recording. After dancing for another half an hour, Heather and Astrid exited the dance studio and went to the kitchen to rest.

"What a great work-out." I said.

"I know right, we should do it again." Heather said.

"Hi girls, oh Heather, fancy seeing you here. I've got grapes for you two, help yourselves." Valka said as she walked out of the kitchen holding a bowl of grapes.

Heather took a few grapes and got her shopping bags and said, "I gotta go now, I'll see you tomorrow Astrid. I'll pass you your gift tomorrow." I opened the front door as I waved to my best friend. Once Heather left, I went upstairs to take a shower.

~Time skip to dinner time~

Hiccup's pov

"Dinner!" Dad yelled. I was asleep at that time until I felt someone budging me.

"Hey Hiccup, rise and shine." That soothing voice of hers just made me want to sleep longer.

"Astrid~ not now, it's too early, five more minutes." I groaned, struggling to get up.

Astrid's pov

'He literally sounds like a little kid, not wanting to wake up for school.' I thought as I tried to wake Hiccup up. I got frustrated and used my secret weapon to wake him up.

"Ahhh, Hiccup, I'm bleeding. My hand hurts so bad." I yelled when I was completely fine. Hiccup opened his eyes as he fell of his bed after hearing my screams and cries.

"Are you ok, where does it hur-, wait what?" He asked worringly. I just stood there laughing, saying," Ahahahaha, I can't believe you fell for that Haddock. Anyways, that's for waking you up, telling you it's dinner time." Once I said what I wanted to say, I flipped my blonde hair like a savage and left.

After dinner, I went back to Hiccup's room to organize my stuff needed for the next three days at Out-Cast Village. After packing, I sat on the mini sofa in Hiccup's room, thinking what I should do next. I then remembered Netflix just released a new K-Drama 'All of us are dead.'

"Hey Hiccup, do you have Netflix?" I asked.

"I do, why?" Hiccup asked.

"I want to watch something on Netflix, it came out yesterday." I replied. Hiccup came into the room and turned on his Netflix.

"Alright, here you go, I still have some stuff to pack." Hiccup said as he left the room while I started watching the first episode of 'All of us are dead.'

Hiccup's pov

My bags were sitting in the living room, ready for tomorrow's trip to Out-Cast village.

"Hey son, are you all packed for tomorrow?" Dad asked with Mom next to him.

"Yeah, almost." I replied.

"Have fun tomorrow Hiccup, be careful alright?" Mom said as I nodded. She then went back to the room, leaving me with dad.

"Since, you are going Out-Cast Village tomorrow, mind if you buy some fruits from Alvin's store if you can and some flowers on the way back, it's your mother and my 35th anniversary on Sunday." Dad said as he gave me a tight hug

"Be safe son, I'm gonna miss you." He added.

"Yep, I'm... gonna miss... you too." I said, struggling to breathe. After organizing everything I needed, I went back to my room to see Astrid asleep on the couch. I turned off the television and carried her to my bed as I fell asleep slowly.