Chapter 2: An awkward first day

Hiccup's pov

*KRING KRING KRINGGGG*

My alarm sounded as I sat up in bed and yawned. After rubbing my eyes, I checked my alarm clock and exclaimed, "What! It's 7.45, oh no I have a physics presentation today!" I took my clothes and ran to the bathroom. After I was done, I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs to greet my parents as I headed for the front door.

"Hiccup, I told you many times to brush your hair, it never goes into your head." Mom chided as she used her hand to brush it out for me. When she was done, I ran out of the house and to school.

Astrid's pov

"Not shy not me itzyyyy" (I made Astrid a kpop fan in this fanfic)

My alarm on my phone sounded as I struggled to get out of bed. I took a glance at the time and freaked out.

"Oh no 7.50, I have to meet the principal in 10 minutes. Oh my god, I better get out of bed now." I said as I jumped out of bed and got ready. After getting ready, I took my backpack and my morning coffee and ran to school.

Author's pov

Once Astrid stepped into the school compound, she looked up at the wall clock which read 7.55am.

"Phew, just 5 more minutes till I meet the principal. Now where is his office." Astrid panted as she looked around the rows of lockers in the new, unfamiliar environment. She then decided to take a random way and dashed through the halls. Little did she know that a scrawny boy(hiccup) was rushing too and they both bumped into each other. Astrid's books were scattered all over the floor, and her coffee spilled onto the boy's white shirt as he grabbed the clumsy girl, preventing her from getting injured.

Astrid's pov

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I apologized as I picked up my books and cup.

"It's alright, are you ok?" The boy said as he helped me pick up my books when our eyes met. I thought to myself, 'Woah those eyes are just so beautiful, his smile reminds me of a Korean drama actor I've seen, so dreamy.'

Hiccup's pov

'Those eyes, so blue and sparkly, just like the Atlantic Ocean. And that smile, a smile I have never seen in many girls.' I thought.

Author's pov

The principal came out of her office and asked, "Umm, you two having a moment here?" Astrid and Hiccup snapped out of their dreaming minds and switch back to reality. The principal looked at Hiccup then Astrid and said, "Ah Ms hofferson, your here, welcome to Berk high. I'll give you a quick tour of the school and then to your class. Mr Haddock, you should head back to your class while I give Astrid a tour of the school." Hiccup nodded and left.

Hiccup's pov

Walking down the hallways, I thought, 'Astrid? I think I have heard of that name before.' I walked into my class and dreaded every person who called me 'fishbone', a nickname I had for three years and finally no one will call me 'fishbone' anymore when I leave this school this year. A few minutes into the class, the principal came into the class and announced, "Class, we have a new student joining this class. Her name is Astrid and her buddy shall be Hiccup. So, Astrid, why don't you tell everyone more about yourself.

"Hi everyone, my name is Astrid and everyone in my old school has always loved my smile. I hope we can get to know each other better and make great memories together." Astrid introduced herself. The principal then led her to her seat next to me. That was when my memory revived, it was the girl I met 9 years ago at Out-Cast village and found her beagle puppy Stormfly. Astrid then took a seat next to me and smiled at me.

"You look familiar, have we met before?" Astrid asked as I nodded.

"It's me, Hiccup. The guy who found your dog Stormfly 9 years ago." I replied.

"Oh, I remember you now, we'll talk later." Astrid said as she drove her attention to the class.

*RINGGGGGGG!!!*

"Well, looks like our lesson ends here today. Enjoy your lunch everybody!" The teacher said as she left the class. Astrid turned to me and said, "Well, Hiccup, it has been 9 years, you sure changed a lot. So, what's good at the cafeteri-"

"Hey there cutie." Snotlout caught up to Astrid and me and eyed on Astrid which I could tell made her a little uncomfortable.

"The name's Snotlout, wanna go for lunch, just the two of us?" He said in a flirty tone as I cringed.

Astrid's pov

'Ughhhh this Snotlout is a huge muttonhead, trying to win my heart. Hah, one thing for sure is that we are never a match.' I thought as Snotlout still tries to get my attention. Hiccup also realized that I felt uncomfortable and whispered into my ear, "Hey I've got an idea, you pretend to be my girlfriend." At first I was skeptical about the idea but still agreed. Hiccup wrapped an arm around me and told Snotlout off, "Hey, don't you dare ask her out, she's my girl not yours. Don't you dare come close to her ever again." When he ended his sentence, he grabbed me by the arm and left. Snotlout smirked, "Haha, it's only her first day here, I don't believe their dating already."

When we reached the cafeteria, it was packed like a can of sardines. Literally all of the stalls were queuing with students as I struggled to find a stall with the shortest queue.

"Woah, this is what you deal with every day huh." I said. "How do you cope with finding something to eat?" I asked.

"Well, my parents pack lunch for me and for that I get made fun for. They think I'm a kindergartner still having my parents packing lunch for me." Hiccup said as he looked down at his lunch in sadness. I placed my hand on his shoulder and said, "Hiccup, I believe you are more than just a talking fishbone, your smart, talented and a really great friend, don't care about what other people say, just be you."

"Thanks Astrid, you're the reason why I have a best friend, to comfort me whenever I'm down." Hiccup said. "Oh, I know a place that isn't very crowded and not a lot of people go there, follow me." He continued as he grabbed my arm and headed to a vending machine near the cafeteria.

"I gotta admit, this really is perfect." I said as I admired the painting of the walls. We were silent for a while until Hiccup broke the silence and asked, "Hey Astrid, do you.. want to maybe go out on Saturday with me?" I blushed and agreed.

Hiccup's pov

'What did you do just now Hiccup, you literally just asked her out on her first day of school, what is this?' I thought to myself as Astrid stood up and said, "I'm going back to class, see you." As I watch Astrid's image fade into the background, I thought, 'Have I really met the chosen one?'