Chapter 37: Surprising the couple

Author's pov

Two hours of studying had gone by and everyone decided to take a break. The twins were looking at the posters in Hiccup's room, Heather and Fishlegs were watching a documentary on the flatscreen tv while the couple (Hiccstrid) were sleeping peacefully on the queen-sized bed.

"Hey guys, look at Hiccup and Astrid." Tuffnut whispered to the rest of the gang. Everyone paused whatever they were doing and gathered around the sleeping couple.

"Awww, they look so cute and so peaceful." Heather commented.

"I'm posting this." Tuffnut said as he whipped out his phone and took a few pictures of the sleeping couple.

"I'm kinda bored, what do you guys wanna do now." Ruffnut said.

"Well, I kinda wanna swim now, I brought my swimming stuff and I have not swam in a while." Fishlegs said.

"Should we wake them up?" Heather asked the gang.

"Nah, let them sleep a while, we can go to the pool ourselves." Tuffnut said.

"Tuff, you won't know where the pool is in a house this big, we should wake them up." Heather said.

"We can always ask Hiccup's parents." Tuffnut said.

"They might be busy."

"Alright, fine, we'll wake them up." Tuffnut sighed. Heather proceeded to Astrid's side while Fishlegs went to Hiccup's side to wake the couple up. However, the couple were so sound asleep they could barely hear a thing.

"They're not waking up, what should we do now?" Heather asked.

"I've got an idea." Tuffnut said as he went to his bag to take 4 party poppers. "What I use to wake people up." He continued as he passed everyone a party popper.

"Ummm, Tuff, I think 1 or 2 is enough." Heather said.

"Heather, Heather, Heather, 1 is never enough." Tuffnut said.

"Alright, but you're cleaning this mess up later." Heather glared at Tuffnut as he agreed.

"Alright everyone, on the count of 3, 1, 2, 3!" Everyone released the string as confetti blasted into the air as the 'Pop' sound woke up the couple.

"WHAT, WHAT, I'M UP!" Astrid yelled.

"I JUST MADE OUT WITH ASTRID!" Hiccup yelled and everyone was laughing.

"Hiccup, what are you talking about?" Astrid asked.

"Guys, my bed is full of confetti. Someone is cleaning it up." Hiccup sighed in exasperation as he sat up in his bed.

"No need to worry my fellow brother, I'll clean it up." Tuffnut said.

"It was his idea of waking you two up by using these party poppers which I don't know why he even carries them around." Heather explained. "Anyways, we were bored so we wanted to ask you if you guys wanna go swimming now." She continued.

"Sure, but first, Tuff's gotta clean the confetti on my bed." Hiccup said.

"A deal's a deal." Tuffnut said as he cleared up all the confetti on Hiccup's huge bed. 20 minutes later, everyone headed to the very top of Hiccup's house which was where the swimming pool was located at with a beautiful view.