Chapter 21: "Double" dates

Astrid's pov

"So Astrid, you sounded confident about choosing the perfect place for dinner, so where is it, we've been walking for ages." Heather complained as she walked beside me.

"C'mon Heather, good things have to take time you know. " Fishlegs who was walking beside Heather said.

"Yeah, listen to your boy-"

"Astrid, I'm gonna kill you if you say that word." Heather said, getting irritated.

"Alright, alright, I'm just joking." I said trying to calm my best friend down. "Besides, we have been walking for five minutes only and oh, we're here already." I continued as I pointed at the restaurant.

"Hi there, table for four I assume, you guys going on double dates, am I right?" The waitress asked.

"Ummm no, it only these two who are dating, we're just best friends." Heather said as she stood a distance away from Fishlegs. The waitress then led us to our seat. As we sat down, she handed us the menu so we could decide what to eat.

"So, what do you guys wanna eat." Hiccup asked.

"I really wanna eat this Japanese curry rice but it looks big and I don't think I can finish it." I replied.

"Did you just say Japanese curry rice, I've always loved that since young, we'll share it." Hiccup said.

"Maybe me and Heather would share it too, we can't really decide on what to eat either and we both love Japanese curry rice." Fishlegs said.

"Hey, there's pizza here, wanna share?" Heather said and we all nodded.

Once the food arrived, the same waitress who led us to our seat offered, "You guys wanna take couple photos together?"

"Umm, you got the wrong understanding, we're just friends, best friends but thanks." Heather said.

"C'mon Heather, it's just a photo, just sit in for it." I insisted. Heather sighed and agreed to take a photo with Fishlegs in the end.

"We'll go next." Hiccup said, passing his phone to the waitress as I sat closer to him.