Chapter 41: Dinner with the Haddocks

Author's pov

"Hey dad!" Hiccup greeted as he went up to help his father with his stuff after a long day at work.

"Wow, Hiccup, you invited your friends over to study, how nice. Are they staying for dinner?" Hiccup's dad asked.

"Yes, in fact, they are invited here anytime." Hiccup's mom replied as she came over to stroke her husband's hair.

"How's your day today?" She asked.

"Dad, dinner's ready, let's go eat." Hiccup said as he led his dad to the table with many western dishes. The gang followed behind Hiccup and were amused by the number of delicious dishes.

"Well don't just stand there, help yourselves." Hiccup's mom said and everyone took a plate and the food.

"Woah, Valka, your food is delicious. If only you could cook for me everyday." Tuffnut commented as he ate the food he took.

"Like I said, you guys are welcomed here anytime." Hiccup's mom smiled.

"I love the food Valka!" Caroline exclaimed.

"Thank you, young lady." Valka said. A few minutes into the dinner, the doorbell rang.

"It's 8pm, that must be my parents." Astrid said as she stood up.

"Your parents here to pick you up Astrid?" Hiccup's dad asked.

"Only my sister, they say I can stay here longer." Astrid said as she went to the front door. When she opened the door, her parents were not only outside, but the rest of the gang's parents were there, holding backpacks.

"Uh guys, I think your parents are outside too and they have some backpacks in their hands." Astrid said.

"Wait what?!?!" The rest of the gang exclaimed as they made their way to the front door, Astrid wasn't lying, their parents were really there.

"Hey guys, we decided that you guys should have a sleepover today since it's a Friday, also its an encouragement for your end of year exams coming up soon. You guys can have more sleepovers when exams are over so for now, just enjoy yourselves tonight and good luck for your end of year exams." Astrid's mom explained. The gang then went to their parents to get their stuff while Caroline went to her parents and waved goodbye to her sister and the gang.