Chapter 20: A day at the beach

Astrid's pov

It feels so good to be back on the shores of Out-Cast Beach. The sand still smooth as the time I first took my first steps on the beach, the chairs were still there in good shape, the water was still clear as ever. I took off my silver high heels as I walked to an empty seat and sat down. Hiccup, who was walking behind me asked, "Would you like something to drink my fair maiden?"

"No need to be so dramatic over the nickname sir, a cocktail is fine." I replied as I laid down, putting on my sunglasses as I relaxed.

After a few minutes of sun bathing, I heard someone yell, "No, don't even think about it." At first, I didn't take it like a big issue but as soon as whoever finished their sentence, a splash of water landed all over my face, my dress and my hair.

'Was it raining?' I thought but when as soon as I took off my sunglasses, the sun was still shining mercilessly, and there was a figure standing in front of me, holding a bucket. the next thing I heard was "Lokied!" but by only one person, a voice sounding like a male. That was when I knew it was Tuffnut was the one who splashed water all over me, looks like one of the twin decided to give up on pranking other people.

"Unbelievable, look what you did to Astrid's dress and hair, that dress was really nice and you had to ruin it." Ruffnut, who was standing behind me shouted at her brother. She then started chasing Tuffnut as I took my bag, put on my heels and left.

Hiccup's pov

After buying the cocktails, I noticed a drenched, frustrated Astrid walking back. I placed the tray of cocktails down and asked, "Ummm, what happened to her?"

"She got lokied by Tuffnut, what's new." Ruffnut replied as she pointed at her brother.

"Wait, you weren't pranking Astrid?" Heather asked Ruffnut.

"No, I decided that pranking people was not fun at all. Ever since Astrid came to Berk High, I always thought she was nice and seemed to hate people pranking her so I decided to stop pranking people." Ruffnut explained.

"Well, welcome to the girl's group Ruff." Heather said as she gave Ruffnut a hug.

"You know what, I'm going back to the room to chill before dinner." Fishlegs said as he grabbed his stuff and slowly walked back.

"Maybe we should slowly head back too." Heather said as she grabbed her stuff.

"Wait, what about the- never mind." I said as he finished the cocktail that was originally Astrid's before she went back. When I was back in the room, I saw Astrid lying on the bed, back towards me. Was she sleeping I thought as I went to check on her and I was right, she was sleeping. After taking a nice shower, I hopped into bed and cuddled with her till the sun went down.

Two hours later, someone came into our room and yelled, "Hey lovebirds, how long more do you want to cuddle, I'm starving." When I opened my eyes, Heather was leaning against the door to our room.

"Oh my, Heather, you scared me." I said as I jumped out of bed. Astrid then woke up, rubbing her eyes and asked, "What time is it?"

"It's dinner time bestie." Heather said. "I'm starving, I saw there's a night market nearby here I saw, what's good there?" She continued.

"I've got the perfect place, let's go." Astrid said, feeling energetic and confident.