Chapter 4: A tragic incident

The next day...

Hiccup's pov

Finally, it was lunch. As Astrid and I walked to the cafeteria, there were lesser students compared to yesterday surprisingly. Astrid told me she was gonna buy her usual coffee. I then went to buy myself a plate of fish and chips. As I sat down and started eating, Snotlout came up to me out of nowhere and pushed me off my chair while two of his gang members pinned me to the ground and the other poured juice all over my face.

"Thats for stealing my girlfriend fishbone." He shouted getting all the students' attention in the cafeteria. My bestfriend Fishlegs who was sitting with sine classmates whom I'm not really close to got up and ran to the principal's office. As I regained my strength and stood up, Snotlout punched me in the chest. Everything happened in slow motion and the next thing I knew, I was on the cold, hard ground, groaning in pain. Many students surrounding the whole incident requested Snotlout to punch me again while some were trying to break up the fight.

When Snotlout raised his fist, attempting to punch me, a tall, raven-haired girl which appeared to be Heather stood in front of me and shouted, "Snotlout, you better not punch Hiccup again!" Snotlout pushed her aside while his gang got hold of her. "Well, looks like someone has the courage to confront me. Shut up Heather, stay out of this!"

Astrid's pov

As I walked to the cafeteria after getting my coffee, the first thing I saw was a huge crowd.

'What happened?' I thought as I made my way through the crowd until I saw Hiccup on the ground, groaning in pain while two of Snotlout's gang got hold of a tall, raven-haired girl.

"Oh no Hiccup!" I cried as I dropped my coffee and ran towards Hiccup.

"What happened to you, why is your face so sticky? " I asked as I took out a packet of wet wipes and wiped his face.

"No point worrying about him babe, he's just a useless fishbone, you deserve someone better, someone like me." Snotlout yelled. I lost it, my blood started to boil as I turned around and kicked Snotlout in his nuts and tackled him to the ground.

I covered my mouth as I just revealed my secret in front of the whole school. Snotlout grew angry as he got up, folding his sleeves, getting ready to throw a punch at me.

"NO, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HURTING THE NEW OUT-CAST GIRL!" The raven-haired girl shouted as she broke free from his gang, trying to stop the fight.

'How- How did she know I was originally from Out-Cast?' I thought to myself but quickly snapped out when Snotlout's fist nearly met my face.

"Everyone, back to your classes right now!" The principal's voice bellowed through the whole cafeteria as everyone slowly headed back to the class. The principal called Snotlout, Hiccup and I to his office to settle things. Once the situation was settled, I brought Hiccup to the school's nurse.

Hiccup's pov

"Alright Mr Haddock, I'm gonna need you to remove your shirt so I could examine the wound better, is that ok?" The nurse asked and I agreed.

"Let me help you Hiccup." Astrid stood up and went over to help me unbutton the first button.

"Thanks Astrid." I thanked.

Astrid's pov

The more I helped Hiccup unbutton his shirt, the more interested I found how his body was. Seeing his bare chest for the first time just made me blush so hard I just couldn't stop staring at that bare chest of his.

"Uh, Astrid, are you ok?" Hiccup asked as I quickly snapped out if my dreamy mode and helped Hiccup.

"Hmm, well the wound doesn't look so bad. Just apply this ointment twice, once when you wake up and once before bed, avoid any physical activities, rest and you should be good to go. Let me get the ointment for you." The nurse said as she went to get the ointment. When I had the opportunity, I whipped out my phone and snapped a few pictures of Hiccup shirtless when he was not looking. He then turned around and asked, "Hey Astrid, do you mind getting my shirt?"

"Oh, sure." I smiled as I got Hiccup's shirt from the side and passed it to him. For some reason, just looking at how Hiccup shirtless was satisfying, those abs and biceps may not be as big as other guys but I found it interesting to look at.

"Hello, earth to Astrid, you good?" I snapped out if my dreamy mode again and helped Hiccup put his shirt back on.

"Of course, so sorry." I said, embarrassed. For the rest of the day, I thought back on what happened and wished Hiccup was never treated to horribly.