Chapter 30: La Vie en Rose

Astrid's pov

'Gee, what's taking Hiccup so long, must be close with the florist I suppose.' I thought to myself as I was looking through Instagram. Suddenly, someone was holding a bouquet of roses with a little bear in it.

"Arghhh, Snotlout, I don't want your-" I paused when I turned around and realized it was Hiccup who bought me roses instead of Snotlout. I was shocked as I immediately took the roses and stood up.

"Awwww, what's the occasion today?" I asked

"Nothing, I just wanted to surprise you." Hiccup said as he kissed me on the cheek. Both Hiccup and I got our stuff and went home.

"Wow, that's a huge bouquet of flowers." I commented.

"Yeah, every year I always give my parents small or medium sized ones but this year, I decided to buy them a bigger bouquet." Hiccup explained. Once we reached the doorstep of my apartment, I hugged him again and thanked him for the roses as he hugged me back.

"There's something inside there, read it." Hiccup said which made me confused. I nodded as I entered my apartment.

"Sissy, you're back!" Caroline exclaimed as she came up to me and hugged me.

"Awww, Caroline, I missed you." I said as I hugged her back.

"Hey sweetheart, enjoyed your trip?" Mom asked.

"I did, I met Uncle Alvin. Hiccup wanted to buy some fruits and turns out he knew Uncle Alvin too." I explained.

"How nice, you should unpack your stuff and rest." Dad insisted as I nodded and took my stuff upstairs.

Author's pov

After a nice warm shower, Astrid sat at her study table, admiring all the birthday presents she got from her friends while staring at the flowers Hiccup bought for her. She then remembered that there was something in the bouquet. Slowly and gently, Astrid stuck her hand inside and felt two pieces of papers. She opened the first one which was a letter which just says:

"Get ready before 7pm."

At first, Astrid was confused but still went to get ready before 7pm. She then opened the second paper and found out it was a self-portrait of herself as an anime character.

'Who knew Hiccup had a passion for drawing.' Astrid thought to herself as she admired the self portrait of herself.