Chapter 47: A new member has joined

Author's pov

The date of the end of year exams starts next week and everyone was studying hard. One day however, the gang was studying at the library until a short plump boy (Snotlout) came up to where the gang was sitting at.

"Hey Hiccup." Snotlout started.

"What do you want Snotlout." Tuffnut defended.

"Hey calm down, let him speak." Heather said as she placed her hand on Tuffnut's mouth, preventing him from talking. "Is there something we could help you Snotlout?" She continued.

"Look, I wanna say that I'm sorry for bullying you Hiccup, I really regretted it. The end of year exams are coming and if I don't get good grades my father will kill me. Please, is it okay if I study with you guys?" Snotlout asked, a tear drop barely escaping his eye. The gang huddled up to decide if they should let Snotlout join their group.

After less than 5 minutes of deciding, the gang decided to let Snotlout in and the 7 of them worked as a team to score well in their exams.

"Hey Hiccup, should we go to your house again to study for the week?" Tuffnut asked.

"Sounds awesome, I always wanted to see how Hiccup's house looked like, I mean after we study." Snotlout said.

"Sure, besides, you guys are welcomed to come to my house anytime, even you Snotlout." Hiccup said.

"Hahahaha, so how have you been Hiccup, sorry I punched you on Astrid's second day in school, I was a fool." Snotlout said as he walked in front with Hiccup and the rest of the gang looked at the duo, proud to see that Snotlout has changed a lot.

When the gang arrived at Hiccup's house, Snotlout's eyes widened in disbelief, he couldn't believe that Hiccup's house was bigger than his house. When Hiccup opened the door, Toothless sprinted out and tackled Hiccup to the ground. The husky then proceeded to lick his owner's face and everyone laughed.

"Is that a Husky?" Snotlout asked as he was obsessed with dogs, every time he saw a dog, he would know the breed of the dog instantly.

"Yeah Snotlout, this is my dog, Toothless." Hiccup said as Toothless got down from Hiccup and trotted to Snotlout. Snotlout stuck out his hand to let Toothless sniff his hand.

"If you want a dog to trust you, you should stick out your hand to let it sniff you. Once it trusts you, it will extend its head a little until it feels your touch, it's like how you tame a dragon in How To Train Your Dragon." Snotlout explained.

"Wow Snotlout, you know a lot of things about dogs." Astrid said.

"Yeah, that's how I train my golden boy Hookfang. He should visit Toothless one day." Snotlout said. "I've got an idea, our dogs should have a play date after our exams." He continued.

"Sounds like a great idea, let's get started with our studies first." Hiccup said as everyone went to his bedroom. Both Hiccup's parents weren't in so the gang had to deal lunch on their own.

"What do you guys wanna eat for lunch?" Hiccup asked.

"Mcdonalds?" Snotlout suggested.

"A little boring, besides I had it yesterday." Astrid said. "I know, how about Burger King." She continued and the gang agreed.

"Alright, I've ordered everything the food will come in half an hour or so." Hiccup said. Everyone took out their studying materials and started revising for their exams.

"Hey Fishfa- I mean, Fishlegs, how do you do this quadratic problem sum?" Snotlout asked Fishlegs, nearly wanting to call him Fishface.

"That's easy Snotlout, let me explain it for you." Fishlegs said as he took Snotlout's work and started explaining to him the problem.

"Oh, I think I can continue how to solve this problem sum, thanks." Snotlout thanked Fishlegs as he scribbled on his worksheet, finishing the question.

"Wow, I feel so proud of myself, I usually can't do this kind of problem sums, but after the help of my man Fishlegs here, I think I can pass A-math this time." Snotlout announced proudly as everyone else clapped for him.

"Snotlout, your dad will be so proud of you." Heather said. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Toothless was downstairs barking at the door.

" Take a break Hiccup, I'll get the door, that must be our lunch." Snotlout said as he left Hiccup's room.

Snotlout's pov (I decided to add some character pov here other than just either Hiccup, Astrid or my own pov)

"Take a break Hiccup, I'll get the door, that must be our lunch." I said as I exited Hiccup's room. As I walked down the stairs, I thought to myself, 'Snotlout, what have you been doing for the past 4 years, bullying Fishlegs when he is actually smart.'

"Hey, it's alright Toothless, I got this." I said as I opened the door.

"Hi, are these your orders from Burger King?" The delivery man asked, handing me the receipt. I looked through the orders and nodded.

"Great, here's you're lunch, enjoy your day!" He said.

"Thanks, you too mate." I replied back as I closed the door.

"Hey guy, our food is here!" I yelled, getting the attention of the rest of the gang as they scrambled downstairs.

"FINALLY, TIME TO EAT!!!!" Tuffnut yelled.