Chapter 36: Group study

Hiccup's pov

"Hey Hiccup, how's school today. Oh, hi Astrid, what brings you here today." Mom asked as she placed my lunch on the table.

"Just here to study for exams, some friends will come over later to study with us." Astrid replied as she placed her bag down.

"That's nice, the more the merrier." Mom said. "Come Astrid, have some mac and cheese." She insisted as Astrid and I enjoyed our lunch before the others came.

Author's pov

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang.

"That must be the rest of the gang." Hiccup said as he walked to the front door with Astrid behind him. When Hiccup opened the door both Hiccup and Astrid were greeted by the rest of the gang.

"Woah Hiccup, your house is huge, you can keep as many animals in your house." Tuffnut exclaimed.

"Yeah, like an elephant, or a horse, or maybe a dragon, oh and-"

"Guys, didn't you forget the reason why we're here in the first place." Heather interrupted Ruffnut and everyone giggled.

"Well, come on in." Hiccup said as he led the gang into his bedroom. Hiccup's bedroom was huge, he had a queen-sized bed, great for two people to sleep on. Posters about his favorite Kpop boyband Stray kids and favourite films Harry Potter and How to train your dragon spread out all over the walls of his bedroom. There was a flatscreen tv above the fireplace with a mini sofa with pillows and stuff toys. It was the dream bedroom everyone wanted. After the gang settled down, everyone started their revision for their upcoming exams. An hour later, Hiccup's mom came into the room with a bowl of fruits.

"Hey guys, help yourself with some fruits." She started as she placed a bowl of fruits on the mini table in front of the flat screen television.

"Hey Mrs Haddock, do you by chance have any potato chips, I could really munch on some now." Tuffnut asked.

"C'mon Tuff." Ruffnut sarcastically nudged her brother. "Every time we go to someone's house the first thing you always ask for is potato chips. Are you actually hungry or are you just greedy." She continued.

"How dare you Ruffnut, I'm not greedy, I just wanna eat some because it's my cheat day today." Tuffnut retorted back and the twins started fighting for the dumbest reason, again.

"Alright, alright, no need to fight, I'll go see what kind of chips do I have." Hiccup's mom said as she exited Hiccup's room. "By the way, no need to be formal here, just call me Valka." She continued.