Chapter 17: Travel buddies

Astrid's pov

Once Hiccup and I reached school, the gang was already waiting for us.

"Happy birthday Astrid!" They shouted as Heather came up to me and gave me a hug.

"Happy birthday Astrid." She said as she unwrapped me from our hug and took out a rose hair clip and said, "I found this at the mall when we went shopping so I bought it for you."

"Woah, thanks Heather. I love it." I said.

"Well, Heather, I like your style today." I commented on Heather's outfit which was a simple crop top and shorts.

"Let me put the clip on for you." Hiccup said as he grabbed the pin from my hand and pinned it onto my blonde hair.

~Time skip to boarding the bus~

Hiccup's pov

As I was about to board the bus, Snotlout's gang pushed me aside as I landed on the ground, of course.

"Out of my way fishbone, we call dibs at the back." Snotlout started. Heather, who was standing behind me came up in front of me and shouted, "You better apologize right now Snotlout Jorgenson."

"Yeah, if not your whole team is getting double black eyes." Astrid said, cracking her knuckles, getting ready to throw punches at Snotlout's gang.

"Come on, I dare you, you wouldn't hurt a handsome boy like me." Snotlout rolled up his sleeves as he gestured his gang to grab hold of the girls. As I tried to stand up and defend both Heather and Astrid, one of them stepped on my chest, preventing me from standing up.

"Snotlout and gang, let go of them this instant, you guys are going on a separate bus. Now get your hands off the three of them." The teacher instructed as Snotlout and his gang let go of the three of us and went on a separate bus. Both Astrid and Heather rushed up to me and helped me.

"Hiccup, are you ok?" She asked. "Don't worry, there is a mini van which will follow the main bus, it's private, served complementary drinks and so on. Would you wanna go on that van instead of the main bus?" The teacher continued as she pointed to a van behind the bus.

'Was she for real?' I thought as I replied, "Yeah sure, can the rest of the gang come along?"

"Well I don't see why not, you guys deserve this, especially you, I'll explain later when we reach the dormitory." She said.

"I'll go call the rest of the gang." Heather said as she went into the bus, calling the rest of the gang while Astrid helped me to the mini-van. Once we boarded, Astrid immediately ran to the window seat.

"Sorry, looks like this place is taken." She said.

"Well, I don't need to stare at the scenery outside when I have a scenery to look at next to me." I said as I sat down next to her.

Author's pov

Both Ruffnut and Tuffnut were the last ones to board the bus as they tried to find an empty seat.

"Awww man, every seat is taken except for the one next to the lovebirds." Ruffnut said.

"I call dibs on the window seat." Tuffnut said.

"Hey, I won the last Thorston challenge and I got higher marks than you for the last Chemistry test." Ruffnut said.

"Ughhh, I demand a rematch this instinct." Tuffnut said.

"Too late brother, whatever has happened already happened, you can't turn back the clock." Ruffnut said as she sat at the window seat.

"Alright everyone, this is a six-hour bus ride to Out-Cast Village so you are free to do whatever you want to do. There will be some rest stops along the way so that you can do your business. For now just enjoy the ride." The teacher said as the mini-van drove off slowly.