Chapter 18: Lokied

Astrid's pov

After an hour on the open road, everyone was doing their own things. The twins starting their pointless fights, Dagur and Eret playing on their phones, Fishlegs reading his book, Hiccup sleeping on my shoulder while I was talking to Heather who was sitting in front of me.

"Hiccup looks so cute when he's sleeping. Obviously saying the truth not to trigger you." Heather said.

"Yeah it's fine if you comment something about Hiccup since your my best friend after all and Hiccup's good friend too." I said.

"Hey, I heard there was a karaoke room here, wanna check it out?" Heather said as I nodded.

"Wait a minute, did you say karaoke?" Tuffnut shot up from his seat as both Heather and I nodded. I then slowly got up, not wanting to wake Hiccup up and left with the gang.

Hiccup's pov

After an hour of sleeping, I realized something was odd, the van seemed quiet, almost like there was no one else in the van. When I opened my eyes, all the seats were empty, even the one next to me where Astrid was sitting originally.

"Alright every- Hiccup, where is everyone else?" The teacher.

"I have no idea, all I knew is that I was taking a nap and when I woke up, everyone was gone." I explained as I let out a yawn.

"Hey, your finally awake." Astrid teased as she came out of a room with the gang following behind her.

"Oh, thank god you guys are safe. Anyways, we are approaching our first rest stop so you all should sit down now." The teacher instructed as everyone sat down. Once we reached the first rest stop, we all got down and as I walked to the vending machine until I felt someone pulling me away from the vending machine.

"Excuse me, Mr Haddock, you are not drinking carbonated drinks today." I turned around and realized it was Astrid.

'Why in the world is she acting like that?' I wondered.

"Then what am I gonna drink if I can't drink carbonated drinks. And what are you hiding behind your back?" Astrid the revealed what she was hiding behind her back and it was bubble tea.

"Is that-"

"Sure it is, but it's not for you." She said.

"Wait then who is it for?" I asked. Astrid the started laughing and said, "You just got pranked, its for me and Heather."

"Lokied!" The twins shouted as they jumped out from behind me.

"Are you kidding me." I said as I stormed back to the van, raging mad.

Astrid's pov

"Hey A, doesn't it feel good to prank your boyfriend?" Tuffnut asked. I shoved the cup of bubble tea to Heather, turned around and pinned Tuffnut to the wall, yelling, "Tuff, what gives, you know how sensitive Hiccup is, he has already been bullied all his life and you still wanna prank him like that. You better apologize right now." I freed Tuffnut as I stormed back to the van, giving him my death glare. Heather caught up to me as she placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey, chillax Astrid, just enjoy some bubble tea. It's your special day after all."

"Heather, I was forced to prank Hiccup by those two muttonheads and I never wanted to do it in the first place, he has been bullied his entire life, he's definitely feeling upset right now." I said as I shoved her away and left her standing with the two freshly bought bubble tea cups.

"Are you gonna finish those two cups by yourself?" I could hear Fishlegs asking Heather who was still standing there looking at my petite, slim body go up the bus.

"Hiccup, where are you, I'm sorry, I was being forced and I'm telling the truth." I said as I looked around the van for Hiccup until I caught sight of an auburn hair boy whose head was in the round table in the van. I felt guilty for upsetting Hiccup even though it wasn't my idea to prank him, so to make it up to him, I got off the bus and bought his favorite soft drink.

"Hey, I got you a drink." I said as I handed the moodless boy his drink. He slowly looked up, eyes all dry and swollen.

'Oh my gosh, this wasn't the Hiccup I knew.' I thought to myself. He took the drink and turned to the opposite side. I sat down next to him and said, "Look, you know I would never prank my best friend, I mean my boyfriend. You know how big of a muttonhead the twins they can both at times and I feel guilty for pranking you even though it wasn't my idea, really." Hiccup was still silent and didn't wanted to look at me.

"You know what, you can hate me for the rest of your life until we graduate, it's ok." I said as I got up and left, a tear drop barely escaping my eye.

Hiccup's pov

"You know what, you can hate me for the rest of your life until we graduate, it's ok." I heard Astrid's last sentence as she got up and wanted to leave. I got up and grabbed her arm, turned her around and said, "I know it was not your idea to prank me, but always remember I will never hate you, we will graduate as a pair, probably love our little one unconditionally, travel together, grow old together, there will always be a Hiccup and Astrid, always." I said as I leaned in closer till our lips met. I could feel a million butterflies flying out of my body as I enjoyed the moment.

'Finally, a decent kiss Astrid and I had.' I thought.