Chapter 50: Results day

Author's pov

One week later, the results were out. The first paper everyone got back was art since that was the first paper everyone did.

"Wow Astrid, your artwork is beautiful, you should teach me how to do art." Heather said, admiring Astrid's artwork. The colours were all blended perfectly and the gradient of the colours brought the artwork to life. She even scored the highest grade in class, no one else got an A except for her.

The second paper that the gang got back was their sciences.

"Alright class, the person who topped this physics exam, Hiccup." The teacher announced as the gang cheered for Hiccup.

"The highest in class for biology, Heather."

"Highest for chemistry, Ruffnut." And so on. At the end of the day, everyone in the gang at least topped one of the subjects. Astrid topped art and nutrition and food science, Hiccup topped physics and A-math, Heather topped biology and accounts, Ruffnut topped social studies, history and chemistry, Tuffnut topped design and technology and English, Fishlegs was second highest in physics and topped E-math while Snotlout topped Geography.

"Wow, I topped my worst subjects, my dad is gonna be so proud of me." Snotlout said as Hiccup placed his hand over his shoulder and said, "Good job Snotlout, that's a huge improvement."

"Thanks man." Snotlout replied as the gang exited the school.

"Hey prom is this Friday, should we go and shop for some clothes?" Heather asked and everyone agreed.

"I'm kinda hungry, I'll go home and meet y'all later." Snotlout said.

"Okay, we should meet at the mall at 3.15pm to go shop for some clothes for prom." Hiccup said as everyone split ways. While Hiccup and Astrid were going home together, Snotlout caught up to them and said, "Hey Astrid, mind if I steal Hiccup for a while."

"Sure." Astrid replied as Snotlout pulled Hiccup away from Astrid.

"So Hiccup, who are you asking out on prom night this Friday?" Snotlout asked.

"Hope you're not mad but I'm actually asking Astrid." Hiccup said.

"Mad? Of course not, besides, I think you two look cute together from the start, I might wanna ask Ruffnut since I heard Nichole is asking Tuff, who is crazy over him" Snotlout teased as both boys laughed it out.

"Oh, my house is here, see you guys later." Snotlout said as he entered his house.

"Snotlout sure has changed a lot, you guys are like buddies now." Astrid said as Hiccup giggled. When Astrid reached the doorstep of her apartment, she blew a kiss to Hiccup, saying 'see you later' as she watched Hiccup's face turn red instantly.