Chapter 23: A memorable present

Astrid's pov

After a whole night of fun, everyone slowly headed back to their rooms while Heather and Fishlegs closed their room door. I was in my night clothes sitting on the bed while Hiccup was taking a shower. I then had a great idea to prank him once again by standing at the door and waiting for him to come out. Once I heard the door creak, I sprang out of where I was hiding and scared Hiccup. The funny thing was that he was in the midst of drying his hair, and was also shirtless.

"Oh my gosh, you sure love to scare me." He smirked as he carried me and sat on the edge of the bed with me on his lap.

"Hey, I got a surprise for you." Hiccup said as he put me down and put on a shirt. "But, I'm gonna have to ask you to close your eyes first." He continued. I punched him on the shoulder and said, "Your always full of surprises." I closed my eyes while Hiccup went to get whatever he had to get whatever he had to get. In less than minutes, he was already back. I felt something on my head but I didn't want to ruin the surprise by touching it so I decided to just keep my hands to myself.

"Ok, open your eyes." I opened my eyes and saw a book Hiccup was holding which says '9 years of memories' with a picture of me and Hiccup when we were 7 and a picture of us now.

~Flashback starts~

Hiccup's pov( 7 years old)

"Hiccup." Dad called.

"Just a sec, Astrid, I might not be able to see you tomorrow so is it ok if we take a picture together." I said as I whipped out my camera.

"Yeah, sure." She said as she stood closer to me, putting her hand over mine. I blushed a little as I took the photo.

~Flashback ends~

"Oh my gosh, is this our first photo together when we were 7?" I asked, looking amazed at how Hiccup managed to keep that first photo of us when we were seven. I opened the book to revive my memories I had before moving to Berk and whenever Hiccup came to visit, he would always try to make time with me to go out together.

"Hiccup, this is perfect, my memories have revived." I said as I gave Hiccup a hug.

"There's more my queen." He said.

'Wait, did he just say my queen.' I thought.

"What are you talk-" I paused when I felt something on my head. I took it off and it was a tiara. So that unknown thing on my head is actually a tiara.

"Wow, it's so pretty, thank you." I said as I placed the tiara back on my head.

"There's one last thing I have for you." Hiccup said.

"Astrid, ever since I met you when we were seven, I fell for you. You're really kind and nice and super talented, and I would never forget the first time I stared into your ocean blue eyes on the first day of school when we met again. I always thought you wouldn't fall for me cause you deserve someone better, but when you confessed your love in front of the whole school, I was shocked yet glad. Thank you for everything, from defending me from Snotlout along with Heather, to cheering me up every time I'm down. I love you Astrid Hofferson, with everything I have, and I always will." He confessed as he took out a box, revealing a charm bracelet with my initials on it. I immediately put it on and cuddled until we fell asleep.