Chapter 31:Poisoned

TW: Drugs

Astrid's pov

I was in my room, preparing for another date with Hiccup. I picked out a sleeveless beige squared mini dress with a matching beige coat. I curled the ends of my long, blonde hair and put on some makeup. I gazed in the mirror as looked up at the wall clock in my room, indicating 6.55pm. I grabbed my sling bag and walked to the front door. I put on my silver heels and left. Once I opened the front door, I was greeted by Hiccup who arrived in his father's car.

"Hey Astrid, you don't mind my father driving us there, right?" Hiccup asked.

"Don't worry, it's fine." I said.

"Nice to see you again Stoick." I greeted as I got in the car.

~Time skip to the restaurant~

Author's pov

"Enjoy yourselves, just call me when you guys are done." Hiccup's dad said as he dropped off Hiccup and Astrid. When the duo arrived at the restaurant, there were many other couples enjoying their dinner as well as the view of the city. The restaurant Hiccup brought Astrid to was on top of a hotel with a beautiful view of Berk. Hiccup walked in front of Astrid and pulled out a chair, offering her to sit first. As usual, Astrid commented on how much of a gentleman Hiccup was.

After glancing through the menu and ordering what each of them wanted, the couple sat at their table, enjoying the view while clinking their wine glasses and taking a sip of it.

"Hey, mind if you stay I here, I gotta use the restroom." Astrid said as she got up and left. Hiccup then decided to get up and take some photos of the view of Berk.

A tall, blonde haired girl in a black leather jacket, a black miniskirt and knee high-heeled boots(Vicky) was standing behind a pillar near where Hiccup and Astrid sat. Looks like she managed to track Hiccup down and followed him. She then slowly walked to the table without anyone suspiciously looking at her, in her hands was a small ziplock bag with white powder in it. It was not any normal white powder, it was drugs. Once Vicky reached the table, she poured the whole bag into Astrid's wine glass, accidentally spilling some on the white table cloth, which wasn't so obvious. When the last bit of powder was gone from the bag, Vicky ran back to where she was originally hiding, leaving the bag on the floor.

After taking a few photos, Hiccup went back to the table where Astrid was back there, eating as they talked and raised a toast. After dinner, the couple requested the waitress to take a few photos of them first before leaving.

Astrid's pov

"Hiccup, you can call your dad to pick us up now." I said as Hiccup took out his phone and called his dad. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my head, as if I got stabbed in the head. Another pain shot up in my stomach as I knelt down on the ground while Hiccup was attempting to call his dad once again.

"Astrid, what's going on. Are you alright?" He asked.

"I-I-" I wanted to say something but I was too weak to say anything and blacked out.

Hiccup's pov

"Astrid, stay with me." I said, as I tried to shake her to wake up. My dad still didn't pick up so I decided to call for an ambulance. When my dad finally picked up, I told him to go to the hospital while I called Astrid's parents.