Chapter 16: School trip

Astrid's pov

It was 5.30am in the morning. Hiccup was still sleeping and I was already up. Hiccup's parents also got up early to make breakfast for me and Hiccup. Today's outfit was a thin strapped cropped top with a pair of jeans and my favorite pair of sneakers as I styled my hair into French braids.

Today was the day I turned one year older. Many of my schoolmates in Out-Cast High whom I kept in contact with on Instagram wished me happy birthday.

I went to the dance studio to take a few mirror selfies while waiting for time to pass. After a while, I went back to Hiccup's room to see if he was awake and he was when I opened the door to his room.

"Morning Hiccup." I greeted.

Hiccup's pov

"Morning Hiccup." Astrid started, I was speechless to even say anything. Her outfit was on point, her makeup and hair was on point.

"H-Happy birthday." I said.

"Awwww, you remembered." She exclaimed as she pounced on me, causing me to lie on my bed.

"So, are you-"

"You'll get it later, all good things have to wait you know." I said.

"Of course, breakfast should be ready." Astrid said as she left. Astrid and I picked up our bags and went downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast, we headed towards the front door with our bags. I pet Toothless one last time before giving him a hug.

"Have a safe trip you two." Dad said as he gestured me to remember to buy the fruits and flowers while Mom used sign language to remind me to pick up her calls at night. When both Hiccup and I stepped out of the house, we were shocked to see Astrid's parents on the sidewalk outside my house.

"Mom, Dad." Astrid exclaimed as she dropped her things and ran up to them and gave them a hug. I followed behind her to greet her parents. Her Dad turned to me and said, "Take care of my daughter when you two are out."

"Don't worry Mr Hofferson, I'll take good care of her, you can trust me." I said confidently. Caroline came up to me and hugged my legs and said, "I'm gonna miss you daddy."

"Awwww, I'm gonna miss you too Caroline." I said as I hugged her back. We then bid goodbye to Astrid's parents and set off to school.