Chapter 34:Road to recovery

Astrid's pov

It has been 3 days since the incident. My parents have been visiting daily, as well as the gang who has been consistantly passing me my homework for each day while Hiccup has been staying in the hospital to accompany me and help me with my homework. His parents do come and visit at times, mostly his mom because his dad had to attend meetings and rarely shows up.

On the third day of my stay, the doctor came into my suite and said, "Alright Ms Hofferson, you're condition is getting better but I'm afraid you can't attend school for the next two days so just stay at home for the next two days and your good to go."

"Thanks Doctor." I replied as she left my suite. Just as the doctor left my suite, Hiccup came back with Heather and Ruffnut behind him.

"Hey girl, how you feeling." Ruffnut asked.

"Better, besides, the doctor said I can go home today, but I can't go to school for the next two days." I said.

"Ok, since you are being discharged today, let's go home, I'll help you tell the teacher you won't come for two days." Heather said as she started packing my stuff. I changed out of the hospital robes and left the hospital together. When I reached home, it was quiet, looks like my parents and sister went out. Heather and Ruffnut couldn't stay for long, they just took a drink and left. Hiccup texted my parents that I was being discharged from the hospital while I was lying on the couch, slacking. Hiccup sat down next to me while I placed my head on his lap.

"Hey, you hungry?" He started as he stroked my blonde hair.

"I don't know what to eat." I replied.

"I know what you're craving for now, be right back."

"But-"

"Shhhh, I know my girlfriend better than anyone else." Hiccup interrupted me. "Just stay here and I'll be right back." He continued as he went to the kitchen. I could hear the sizzling of oil, cutting of ingredients and many other sounds from the kitchen.

'What could he be cooking.' I wondered. Suddenly, an aroma of my all time favourite honey glazed chicken wings wafted through the air, interrupting my train of thoughts about what Hiccup could possibly cooking. I sat up and said, "Hiccup, is that-"

"Yes, it is your favourite chicken wings." He replied as he placed a plate of chicken wings and two bowls of mac and cheese on the table.

"You sure know your girlfriend better than anyone else." I said as I picked up a chicken wing and took a bite of it, enjoying the taste I haven't tasted in many years.

"Astrid!" I heard someone cry out. I turned around and saw the door was open and my little sister came running in with my parents behind her.

"Mom, Dad!" I cried out as I dropped my half-eaten chicken wing and ran into their arms.

Hiccup's pov

"Mom, Dad!" Astrid exclaimed as she got up ran into her parents' arms. As soon I stood up, Caroline hugged my legs and greeted me in the cutest tone. Astrid's father came up to me and thanked, "Thank you, for taking of my daughter, you are welcomed here anytime when we need you, you're apart of our family."

"Don't mention it sir." I smiled.