Chapter 39: The power of besties

Hiccup's pov

"Astrid, mind if you follow me to my room, I wanna ask you something." I said as I stood up. Astrid stood up and followed behind me. When she entered the room, I closed the door and sat on the sofa.

"Astrid, are you okay?" I started.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" Astrid asked.

"You don't look fine, you look so moody and depressed like something is bothering you." I said.

"Fine, when we were at the pool and when I was in my bathing suit, it reminded me of my ex who wanted a picture of me in that exact bathing suit since he sent me a picture of his 6-packs. I threw up and threw my phone aside, even breaking up with him on the spot. After we broke up and after I moved here, I couldn't stop thinking about that situation." Astrid explained, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Astrid, it's alright, come here." I said as she crawled into my arms and I started stroking her hair. "At least you told me what's going on." I continued.

"You know, my ex, Vicky has also been pestering me, remember our trip to Out-Cast Village." I started and Astrid was still crying.

"Oh right, I forgot, anyways, you're okay." I said, trying to calm her down. Toothless, who has been roaming in my room saw Astrid as he came closer and licked her hand and I picked him up and Astrid started petting him.

"Hey Hiccup, you and Astrid alright there?" Heather asked as she knocked on the door.

"Yeah, just Astrid having a mental breakdown." I said.

"Hiccup, me and Ruff should go in, you've tried but we're her best friends, we know her best." Heather said and I went out of my room.

Astrid's pov

"Astrid, are you okay, what happened?" Heather asked as she came in with Ruffnut behind her. I was slowly trying to controlling my tears as I took a tissue and wiped my tears. My eyes were red and swollen as Heather and Ruffnut sat down next to me. I then told them what I was going through and how I couldn't forget my ex, Mark.

"Astrid, you'll be fine as long as you don't contact him or even think about the situation. " Ruffnut said.

"Thanks guys, I feel much better." I said as I stood up and left Hiccup's room.

"Astrid, you feeling better?" Hiccup asked and I nodded.