Chapter 11: Parenting duties

Astrid's pov

I woke up in my room, still in the clothes I was wearing yesterday, hair all over the place as I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes. Suddenly, an aroma of scrambled eggs filled my room as I opened the door and walked downstairs. Looks like the aroma woke up my sister Caroline too as we both walked down the stairs together.

"Oh my gosh, Mom are you cooking scrambled eggs... wait a minute, Hiccup? what are you doing here? I thought you went home." I said when I realized Hiccup was the one cooking instead of Mom. I searched around the house but couldn't find my parents.

"Uhhhh, where are my parents?" I asked.

"They went out early in the morning for work and could be gone for the whole day. And we also have to take care of Caroline at the same time." Hiccup explained.

"Ok, so what are we gonna do from now till when my parents come back from work." I asked as I sat at the dining table eating breakfast.

"Sissy, I wanna go to the park." Caroline requested as I nodded.

"I can bring Stormfly for her walk at the same time. Let's go." I said as I grabbed Stormfly's leash and put on my shoes.

"Woah, woah, woah, you are not going out there in a mess. Shouldn't you at least brush out your hair or maybe tie it at least." Hiccup said as he grabbed my arm.

"Ughhh, fine. I'll go change and tie my hair." I groaned as I went to my room and changed out of my clothes.

After a while, Hiccup and I were just walking around the park hand in hand while Summer was hanging out at the playground. We sat on a bench while I was resting on Hiccup's shoulder, talking and admiring my sister playing with everyone else.

After a whole morning at the park, I was lying on Hiccup's lap, treating his lap like a pillow watching Netflix with Caroline was at the dining table drawing. Hiccup had a sketchbook and was drawing something.

"What are you drawing Hiccup?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"You'll know when I'm done." Hiccup replied.

"What's for lunch?" Caroline asked.

"Ummm cup noodles?" Hiccup asked and I immediately nodded.

"But we gotta go get some, there isn't any more at home." I said as I got up from Hiccup's lap and switched off the television.

"C'mon Caroline, let's go." I said as Caroline got off the chair and followed behind Hiccup and I. We walked to the nearest super market with Caroline walking in the middle with me holding her right hand while Hiccup was holding her left hand, which makes it look like we're parents. Me being an obedient daughter decided to text my mom if she needed any groceries and she immediately sent me a whole list of groceries.

"Daddy, carry me." Caroline begged Hiccup with her pair of puppy eyes.

"What the, Caroline, why did you call Hiccup daddy?" I asked as I chuckled.

"Awwww of course I can't say no to those pair of puppy eyes of yours." He said as he carried Summer.

"Woah, you guys already want a child at this age?" A voice behind asked. Me and Hiccup turned around and saw Heather, Dagur and the rest of the gang were standing there in suspicion.

"Awwww, she's so cute, what's your name little girl?" Heather asked.

"I'm Caroline." Caroline replied shyly.

"That's a beautiful name, I'm Heather." Heather said.

"Erm, what are you guys doing here?" Hiccup asked.

"Why don't we put the reverse card on you two first." Tuffnut asked.

"Something fishy here." Rufffnut said.

"Guys, you got the wrong understanding, Caroline is my sister, not our child." I explained as everyone finally understood what the situation is about.

"But we could use some help." I continued as the gang helped us in getting everything we needed.

After shopping for half an hour, we reached home as Hiccup and I unpacked the groceries and shared one cup noodles while Summer was eating her cup noodles while watching tv.

"Mommy, Daddy!" Summer shrieked from outside as Hiccup and I peeked out of the kitchen.

"Oh, there you two are, you guys unpacking the groceries?" Mom asked as she stepped into the house with Hiccup's parents behind them.

"Mom, Dad?" Hiccup asked in confusion.

"Son, we're going out for dinner with Astrid's family." Dad said.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Haddock." I started.

"Oh no need to be formal here, call me Valka and him Stoick. Nice to finally meet you, Astrid." Valka said as she hugged me.

"Hello Valka, Hello Stoick." Caroline, who was standing beside me greeted.

"And how shall I call you young lady?"

"Her name is Caroline, my sister." I said as I carried her.