Chapter 38: Stay cool in the pool

Author's pov

The sun was shining mercilessly in the pastel blue skies of Berk as Hiccup and his friends were at the very top of his house where the pool is located at.

"WOOHOOOOOO, THE POOL! MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!" Tuffnut yelled as he tossed his stuff to his sister and jumped into the water with a big splash.

"Wow, he sure loves the pool." Heather said.

"Told ya." Ruffnut replied. "I become his maid everytime we go swimming." She continued as she placed her stuff and Tuffnut's stuff on a lounge chair. Heather settled her stuff next to Ruffnut while Astrid settling down next to Heather. All the girls then removed their clothes revealing their bathing suites. Astrid felt a little down when seeing herself in a bathing suite, she wouldn't forget the day she broke up with her ex, Mark (From Astrid's previous school) when Mark requested a picture of her in her bathing suit because Mark showed her a picture of his 6-packs.

"Astrid, what's wrong, you look a little... moody." Heather asked.

"Hey, if there's anything you can talk to us, we'll help you solve your problems you know." Ruffnut added.

"Thanks guys but I'm good." Astrid replied. The girls then started applying sunblock on each other's back before stepping into the pool. Tuffnut came out of the pool and went to his bag to get his phone.

"Hey guys, watch this." Tuffnut said as he started taking pictures of the girls.

"This is definitely going on Instagram." He continued.

"What's going on Instagram?" Heather asked.

"Probably something stupid." Ruffnut said sarcastically.

"Never mind, let's get in!" Astrid said as she walked to the pool side, dipping her feet into the pool.

Hiccup's pov

"Hey Fishlegs, watch what I'm gonna do to Astrid." I said as I walked to Astrid's side and tapped on her.

"Hey Astrid, wanna go into the pool?" I asked and she stood up immediately. I then lifted her up, bridal style and walked to the steps near the pool. I then gestured Heather to push a unicorn float towards me and she did so.

"HICCUP HADDOCK, YOU BETTER NOT TOSS ME INTO THE POOL!!!!" Astrid yelled and I tried to calm her down. When the float was nearer to me, I placed Astrid on the float and her expression changed in a split second.

"Woah, I have never sat on these in a while, thanks." Astrid said and she started relaxing on it, having fun. I got out of the pool and took a few pictures of her.

"Alright Astrid, my turn." Heather said and Astrid got off. After an hour of swimming, everyone was all freshened up and sitting in the living room watching Netflix. I noticed something was different however, Astrid looked like something was bothering her, she wasn't the cheerful Astrid I knew, she looked moody and depressed.

"Astrid, mind if you follow me to my room, I wanna ask you something." I said as I stood up. Without saying anything, she stood up and followed me to my room.