Chapter 25: Who's that?

Warning: some violence expected in this chapter.

Hiccup's pov

A few minutes into the tour, all of us were split up. The twins were fighting for no reason, as always, Dagur and Eret were looking at a dinosaur statue made up of bones, Heather and Fishlegs were looking at some artworks while Astrid was next to me looking around and taking pictures. After taking a few pictures, she turned to me and said, "Could you help me hold my bag first. I gotta use the bathroom." I held her bag as I walked around the exhibit.

"Hello Hiccup." A voice from behind me sounded. I turned around and it was my ex, Vicky, the girl I've had a crush on since middle school and was in the same class as me this year, but dumped me for the captain of Basketball. Looks like she dumped him too as she was standing alone. She was wearing a super short sleeveless dress, wearing the brightest red lipstick, even a brighter shade of red than Astrid's lipstick colour.

"Woah, you sure glowed up a lot, definitely the ladies' man. By the way whose bag is that." She smirked as she walked towards me and played with my hair. I gently pushed her away and said, "I'm sorry Vicky, but I'm taken already."

"Look, I'm sorry, please give me another chance. Please." Vicky begged with her pair of puppy eyes. As a final result, she took Astrid's bag from my hand and threw it on the floor.

"I know you want me, will this change your mind?" She grabbed my collar and kissed me real hard after finishing her question. Astrid will definitely not like this.

Astrid's pov

As soon as I came out of the bathroom, I couldn't believe my eyes. A girl who was almost the same height as Hiccup, who hade blonde hair like me, in a very short sleeveless dress kissing my boyfriend. Next to both of them was a sling bag which belonged to me. That's when my heart shattered into a million pieces, I realized what was going on. When the two finally broke up their kiss, they both stared at me. I kept my tears from escaping my eyes as I walked up to Hiccup and gave him a tight slap on the face, I have never used this much force on my boyfriend before.

"How dare you slap my boyfriend." The girl said as she tried to help Hiccup up. My blood boiled as I slapped her hand and yelled, "YOUR BOYFRIEND, SHE'S MINE YOU MUTTONHEAD AND WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU WEARING, ARE YOU TRYING TO SEDUCE MY BOYFRIEND, MY BOYFRIEND!" I grabbed my bag and left without even saying anything to Hiccup, someone sure is jealous.

Hiccup's pov

When I got up, I went after her but was soon stopped by Vicky who was grabbing onto my leg, begging me not to go after Astrid.

"Hiccup, please give me one more chance." I lifted my leg and stepped on her hand and said, "Enough Vicky, I had enough of you trying to get together to me, besides you've seen my girlfriend already." I left Vicky lying on the floor as I went after Astrid. "Astrid, I can explain."

"Shut up Hiccup, there's nothing to explain, I saw everything with my own eyes." Astrid shouted until she reached an opened aired place which had a step where she stepped on as she looked down, she was attempting suicide.

"Astrid, don't even think about it." I warned as I grabbed her arm as I spun her around. Her ocean blue eyes were now red, dry and swollen now. "Look, I didn't want to tell you about my ex because I didn't wanted you to be upset, I want you to be happy. She is really attached to me ever since she dumped me years ago. Ever since I glowed up, she has been trying to get my attention and about your bag on the floor, she threw your bag on the floor, I didn't purposely throw it on the floor." I explained as tears started streaming down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Astrid." I apologized. Astrid stepped down from the step and buried her face into my chest. I hugged her back and kissed her hair.

"I forgive you, sorry for slapping you." Astrid apologized. We stood there hugging until the gang found us. They stood there concerned about the situation until Heather broke the silence. "Are you guys ok, I saw what happened."

"Ummm, let's not talk about it." I said as I unwrapped Astrid from my hug and held her hand as we walked out of the museum. The journey to the animal farm was quiet. Astrid still looked moody about just now, even though I explained to her everything. The last thing I did was to wrap my hands around her waist as I pulled her, allowing her to rest on my chest. I could tell she was feeling better, she smiled as I witnessed her closing her eyes.