Chapter 8: Save the date

Astrid's pov

"What should I wear today to impress him later." I tapped on my chin while looking through my huge closet with every clothing I could possibly wear.

'Should I wear a dress, jumpsuit, jeans, shorts. Gosh, the possibility is endless, literally.' I thought. After thinking for 10 minutes, I decided to wear a jumpsuit. After I got dressed and did my makeup, I admired my outfit for hours while taking some mirror selfies and posting them on Instagram.

Hiccup's pov

"Son, you ready for your date?" Dad asked as he peeked into my room while I was fixing my hair with some hair gel.

"Yeah dad, I'm kinda nervous but excited at the same time." I replied.

"Don't worry, I was also nervous when I went on my first date with your mother, but still was an advantage. Not a lot of people have the chance to go on this kind of date cause they can't find the perfect half." Dad said which made me less nervous.

"Thanks dad." I thanked as I left the house to go to Astrid's apartment.

At Astrid's apartment...

When I knocked on the door, an older woman who appeared to be Astrid's mom.

"Oh, you must be Hiccup. Astrid told me a lot about you. Come on in young man." She welcomed me warmly. As I stepped into Astrid's apartment, Astrid's father was in the middle of reading his newspaper when he caught sight of me. He put down his newspaper and said, "You must be Hiccup, right? Certainly the ladies man, so handsome." He sure was strict but who knew he was a nice guy.

"Why thank you Mr Hofferson, is Astrid coming down, we're going on a date."

"Hiccup, you're fairly early?" Astrid asked as she walked down the stairs in her suit-like jumpsuit. For the first time in my life, I have never felt more attracted to her. I couldn't stop staring at Astrid, she just transforms into another person when she's not in school.

Astrid's pov

As I walked down the stairs, I could see Hiccup was shocked at how pretty I was and I couldn't resist how handsome he was. Hiccup's eyes widened open when we both made eye contact.

"You ready Hiccup?" I asked as I tried to snap Hiccup out of his dreamy mode. Finally, when his attention cane back he nodded and walked towards the front door.

"Don't come home too early, we still have dinner to prepare for both of you." Mom said.

"What, okay." I said.

"Be safe." Dad said as we waved to my parents.

At the mall...

As we walked around the mall, I caught sight of my heaven and earth, Starbucks. I pulled Hiccup towards Starbucks as I went to queue to buy a red velvet cheesecake and my usual coffee. Hiccup then pulled me aside and said, "Hey, let me buy your usual. Go sit down Astrid."

"Woah, you still remember my Starbucks order after all these years?" I asked.

"Of course I do, I memorize your order whenever we come here." Hiccup said.

'Woah, after all these years he still remembers my order.' I thought. As I sat down at the table Hiccup and I reserved, I whipped out my phone and opened Instagram and was shocked. Lots of guys commented on my recent post. While I was looking through Instagram, two boys from my class caught sight of me and slowly came up to me.

After seeing them coming closer to me, I grabbed my purse and was about to leave but was too late, one of them sat on my right, avoiding me from leaving.

'What a dumbo, I can just leave from the other side.' I thought but of course I may not always be the smart one as I got blocked by another guy sitting on my left, leaving me stuck in between both of them.

'Just great.' I thought.

"Hey, I heard you and that fishbone Hiccup are dating. You definitely deserve someone better." The guy on my right said as he lifted my head so we both made eye contact while the other guy on my left played with my hair. Fortunately, I managed to push them off the bench and went to find Hiccup.

Hiccup's pov

Just as I was about to pay for our drinks, Astrid came running up to me sobbing as she buried her face into my chest.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked, wiping her tears but she didn't reply.

Astrid's pov

The bartender who took Hiccup's order recognized me as she spoke, "Astrid?" I looked up and saw a familiar face, it was the previous dance senior at my old school Eunice.

"Eunice? Is that you?" I asked as Eunice nodded. Eunice was the only senior I was close to back in Out-Cast High and always taught me every dance move I couldn't master.

"What happened?" Eunice asked.

"Two guys from our class tried to get my attention. One of them played with my hair while the other wanted to have eye contact with me, oh my gosh, I just wanna punch them right now." I replied.

"Hey, I know a special place where you two can have a moment." Eunice said as she pointed at an enclosed dome that was empty.

"It's for exclusive VIP members only and I heard you're boyfriend is an exclusive VIP member here so you two can enjoy your moment alone there." She explained.

Hiccup turned to me and said, "Its ok, you can go there." As I unwrapped Astrid from our hug, she walked to the enclosed dome and sat down comfortably.

Hiccup's pov

"You are Astrid's boyfriend, right?" The bartender who used to be Astrid's senior asked as I nodded.

"You're such a caring boyfriend, you guys look very compatible." Eunice smiled as she handed me my drinks as well as Astrid's cheesecake.

"Thank you." I smiled at her and went to Astrid to enjoy our drinks. The rest of the time we were just enjoying every minute and every second of time we had before heading back to Astrid's house for dinner.