Chapter 6:Leaked photo

Hiccup's pov

It's 7.15am in the Haddock household, the only person awake was me.

"Well, it is fairly early right now, let's see if Astrid is up yet." I said as I picked up my phone and started texting Astrid.

Hiccup: Morning Astrid:) sleep well? Can't wait for our meetup at night. Wanna walk to school together?

A while later, Astrid did not respond.

'Weird, she's probably one of those people who switch off their phones before sleeping.' I thought to myself as I walked down the stairs and saw the whole house empty, not even my parents were awake..

"Am I really that early for school today? No one else is up at the moment." I muttered, not wanting everyone to wake up. To not waste time, I decided to make breakfast for my parents for once.

"Oh my, Stoick, what are you cooking, it smells so good." Mom exclaimed as she walked down the stairs, but little did she know it was me who was cooking breakfast instead.

"Hiccup, why are you up so early? Must be the excitement to see your girlfriend huh?" Mom asked as she folded her arms. "She should come over for a sleepover one day, how bout tonight?" She added.

"Mom, Astrid isn't my girlfriend, and don't you think it's a bit too early for a sleepover, its only her third day in school. Nevermind we'll talk about it later." I made my way towards the front door and to Astrid's apartment.

Astrid's pov

When I exited my apartment, Hiccup was already waiting for me.

"Morning Astrid, ready to go?" Hiccup asked.

"Give me a few seconds, I'm almost done." I replied while in the midst of tieing my shoelace. When I was done, I ran up next to Hiccup as we both walked to school together.

Author's pov

After an hour and 45 minutes of chemistry, it was finally lunch. Astrid got up from her seat to find Hiccup.

"So, what are you gonna eat today?" She asked.

"Mmmmm... I don't know. Hey wanna meet some friends that I don't usually hang out with?" Hiccup asked.

"Don't really hand out with, alright I guess." Astrid replied as the duo walked to a round table where there seemed to be five people.

"Hey guys, mind if we join you?" Hiccup asked and a tall, raven-haired girl tied in a side braid which seems to be Heather nodded.

Hiccup's pov

"Guys, this is Astrid, the new student and also my childhood best friend." I started as Astrid waved to the gang.

"I think I remember you, I competed with you during one of the dance competitions." Heather said. "I'm Heather by the way if you don't know me and this is my brother Dagur." She continued.

"Of course I remember you Heather, I won the competition between Berk Hight and Out-Cast High." Astrid said.

"Hey sis, I gotta go for class now, see you after school." Heather's brother Dagur said.

"See you brother." Heather said as Dagur left the group

"Right here is Fishlegs and-"

"Hey, aren't you that new girl from Out-Cast High?" Tuffnut said with his sister, Ruffnut following behind.

"Yes..." Astrid replied awkwardly. Heather glared at Tuffnut as she hated people interrupting her.

"Anyways, these are the twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut." She continued.

"Pleasure to meet you all." Astrid said as she and I sat down.

"Hey Astrid, I watched all of your dance covers on YouTube you know and I love it. You should definitely join me after school for dance class." Heather insisted.

"Thanks Heather but Hiccup and I already have plans this afternoon." Astrid said. "But it sounds fun." She continued.

"No worries, you can come next week. There will be practice every Tuesday and Friday. See you then." Heather smiled.

"Oh, did you know I posted a new dance cover yesterday?" Astrid said.

"Wait really, what is it?" Heather asked curiously.

"It's called NUNU NANA by Jessi."

"That's a lame name to name a song." Ruffnut scoffed.

"Hah, I can for once agree with you sister." Tuffnut replied.

"Woah, Astrid you're really good at dancing, I still haven't even mastered this choreography yet." Heather squealed as she looked through Astrid's phone.

Astrid's pov

"Uhh, Heather, I wouldn't look through my phone so quickly if I were you, there are some private stuff inside that some people shouldn't really see." I warned her.

"Oh cmon Astrid, how bad can it b-" Heather stopped as her eyes widened open. She returned me my phone and apologized before running off in embarrassment.

"Wonder what picture did she stop on that made her shocked." Tuffnut asked as the whole gang closed in and was even more shocked to see the picture.

The picture Heather stopped on was an edit I was working on yesterday. It was a picture of Hiccup when he was shirtless which had photoshopped abs so that no one could see the big bruise on his chest. There were sparkles all over the picture, emoji hearts, even a heart crown of pastel blue and pink on Hiccup's head, making it look like he was actually wearing one in real life.

Embarrassed by the situation, I broke down crying, feeling the tears started streaming down my cheeks. I grabbed my phone and left to avoid everyone from seeing me cry.

I skipped almost every lesson except for the last few minutes of Art class. During the periods of lessons I missed, I spent my time crying in a cubicle, still embarrassed about the gang knowing about that private picture.

Hiccup's pov

Every Friday in school, we had assembly until the end of school, which was boring most of the time. Throughout the entire program, I realized Astrid still looked moody from just now, the gang noticed her change in behavior, even the teacher was concerned about the situation. I saw Astrid had permission to leave as the teacher insisted I go after her.

"Just go, this assembly isn't really important. You can just go when the bell rings." The teacher whispered to me as I got up and left carrying my own bag and Astrid's bag.