Chapter 52: Prom night

Hiccup's pov

It's finally the day I have been waiting for my whole life, prom. Every year I see my seniors enjoy themselves at prom and this year it was my turn. I was in my room trying to put on my tie which was difficult even though I watched tutorials on how to tie one, I was still suffering.

"Where's our handsome boy." Mom said as she opened the door with dad behind her. "So handsome, Astrid will go crazy over you." She said as she came over to me and dusted any dust on my suit.

"Thanks mom." I said.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Dad asked.

"Almost, just gotta put this tie on, it's so hard." I sighed, struggling to put it on.

"It's alright son, let me help you." Dad said as he helped me tie my tie.

"You know whenever I went on a date with your mother, I always would wear a tie but I often struggle with it so in the end, she always help me tie it." He spoke. "And done." Dad said as I gazed at myself in the mirror, I have never looked this handsome before. For the final touch, I sprayed Astrid's favourite smell of my perfume all over me and I was all ready for prom.

"Well, it's almost time to meet Astrid, she's my prom date." I said as I walked down the stairs. Toothless came up to me and sniffed me.

"Yeah, bud, you like the smell of my perfume, it's from Chanel." I asked as I pet him.

"I guess he does, looking at the way he's wagging his tail." Mom said as both my parents chuckled. "Well, have fun at prom, take as many pictures if you want." She continued as I waved goodbye to my parents.

Astrid's pov

"Hey Astrid, are you done yet, Hiccup's on his way." Mom called from downstairs.

"What, so fast, wow he sure is excited for prom." I said as I finished curling the last few strands of my hair. I put on the pastel blue chiffon dress that I got at Heather's mom's shop yesterday and did my makeup. A few minutes later the doorbell rang.

"Oh wow Hiccup, you look handsome, come on in, Astrid will be down soon." I could hear mom's voice from my room as I wore the necklace with my initial and the charm bracelet Hiccup gave me on my birthday. I grabbed my phone that was charging and my purse and exited my room.

"Hey Hiccup, you look handsome." I said as I walked down the stairs, seeing Hiccup's cheeks flushing red.

"Would you two like a photo together?" Mom asked and both of us agreed. Just like when we were 7, I placed my arm around Hiccup as we took the picture.

"Can I be part of the picture." Caroline begged mom.

"Of course, get in here." I replied as Caroline came up to me as I carried her, posing for the camera.

"Great, you two better make a move now." Mom said as we waved to my parents. Once we got to the school, the rest of the gang were already there waiting for us.

"Hey guys, before we go in, let's take a pre-prom picture." Tuffnut said as he whipped out his phone as we all got into a pose.

"Now, let's go in there and live our life while we're still young." Tufnut said as we entered the school as a team.

Author's pov

As the gang entered the school hall, there were many students gathered there. There were streamers and balloons as well as rounded tables for students in groups of 7 to sit down and there was even a huge space for the cohort to dance later in at night. There was even a banner on the stage that says the theme for this year's prom, 'to live our life while we're still young.' The gang sat at the designated table and admired all the decorations, game booths and so on.