Chapter 9: Candlelight dinner

Author's pov

After hours of shopping, it was time to go for dinner at Astrid's house.

Astrid's pov

When we reached my apartment, the door was already open.

"Mom, Dad, we're back." I yelled as I stepped into my house with Hiccup behind me carrying loads of shopping bags.

"Let me help you. Gee, you two sure went on a shopping spree. Did you pay for all of this Hiccup?" Mom asked Hiccup as she helped him.

"Not for all of these stuff, Astrid helped pay for some of them. Besides, she didn't force me to buy all these, she told me if she wanted something, she would pay for her own one." Hiccup explained.

"That's nice to hear, this way you two." Dad said as he led me and Hiccup into a private room with rose petals scattered all over the floor, in a formation of a heart. The candlelight on the table shone brightly, lighting up the dimmed room. A few speakers were displayed on the ground playing smooth jazz music, something you would hear at a restaurant.

As we stepped into the private room, Hiccup walked in front of me and pulled out a chair and said, "Have a seat." I chuckled and blushed slightly as I replied, "Wow, what a gentleman."

"He sure is a gentleman." I could hear Mom whispering to Dad outside. "Dinner will be served in a few minutes." Mom said as she closed the door, leaving me and Hiccup to have our alone time.

We just sat there, admiring how beautiful the set up was until there was a knock on the door interrupting our alone time. When I opened the door, it was my 5-year-old sister, Caroline.

"Caroline, what are you doing here?" I asked as I carried her and sat back down. "Hiccup, this is my sister, Caroline. Caroline, this is Hiccup, my-"

"Boyfriend?" She interrupted.

"Yeah..." I replied awkwardly.

"Are you going to marry him?" Caroline asked and both Hiccup and I just sat there in silence, not knowing how to answer that question. After five minutes of silence, I awkwardly said 'yes' As Caroline squealed. Dad came in a while later and said, "Caroline, don't disturb your sister when she's having a moment with her boyfriend." Caroline ran out of the room as dad closed the door.

"Sorry about that, my sister is very curious." I apologized as I looked down in shame.

"I think your sister is amazing and cute. But you're more amazing than anyone else and definitely the cutest person I have seen in my life, and I can't imagine a world without you in it." Hiccup's last words made me tear up a little as I chuckled.

"I see someone blushing already." Hiccup teased.

"Stop." I pleaded as my cheeks flashed red.

Hiccup's pov

Dinner was served a while later as we enjoyed out first candle light dinner. When we were done, we came out to the living room and talked for a while until Astrid suggested, "Karaoke anyone?" I froze when I heard those words. I used to be a great singer, but ever since I got made fun of for in school, I stopped my dream of becoming a professional singer when I'm older.

"Uh, I'm in." I lied.

'Out of all the things in the world, karaoke.' I thought.