Chapter 22: Operation super birthday

Astrid's pov

After a delicious meal, the four of us were just standing outside the restaurant, thinking about what to do next.

"I think me and Fishlegs will walk around the night market, exploring what they have. We'll meet here an hour later." Heather said as she and Fishlegs left.

"Astrid, is there a shop where they sell, fruits, I gotta buy some for my dad." Hiccup asked.

"Oh yeah, my uncle has a fruit stall down the road, let's go there." I replied as we walked down the number of shops in the night market.

Hiccup's pov

As we walked down the shops in the night market, there were many shop houses selling different kind of things from hair accessories to clothes and so on.

"Ah, we're here." Astrid said. A big, muscular man with wavy locks came out today the stall and saw both of us. I instantly knew who that was.

"Astrid, fancy seeing you here, wow you grew so tall and more beautiful than ever. Last time I saw you, you were shy, very shy." The man, or Alvin said.

"Hi Uncle Alvin, we're here to buy some fruits." Astrid said.

"Oh and this is-"

"Hiccup, my man, it's been a while. You grew much taller and much more muscular. You're almost as tall as me. I see you know my niece here, who is now your girlfriend I assume." He said as he came up to me and hugged me super tightly.

"Yeah...good...to see you... too Alvin." I said.

"Well looks like you know my uncle already." Astrid said.

"Wait uncle?" I exclaimed.

"Why do you sound so shocked?" Astrid asked.

"N-nothing." I replied.

"Come Astrid, I wanna talk to you for a while." Alvin said as he grabbed Astrid as she went inside his shop. Me being bored decided to walk around the night market to find something else for Astrid's birthday present. Even though I have prepared something for Astrid, I felt that I could impress her even more. After a while of walking, I found a shop that sold jewellery. I stepped in to see what kind-off jewellery they sold and I couldn't take my eyes of a tiara on display and a charm bracelet with initials on it. I found a bracelet with Astrid's initials on it as I took the bracelet and the tiara and went to the counter to pay. The lady at the counter then placed the bracelet in a box and the tiara in a pouch and handed me the items. I placed them into my bag so that Astrid wouldn't know what I bought as I walked back to Alvin's fruit stall.

When I reached Alvin's fruit stall, Alvin was attending to some customers while Astrid was standing outside the stall, holding a bag of fruits, looks like she helped me to buy the fruits.

"Where did you go, exploring the night market." She asked as she elbowed me.

"Ow, yeah, I did. Let me help you with that." I insisted as I took the bag out of Astrid's hands. We then waved goodbye to Alvin and walked back to the restaurant we ate dinner at a while ago. When we reached outside the restaurant where I asked Heather and Fishlegs to wait at, both of them weren't there.

"Uhhh, Hiccup, where are they?" Astrid asked.

"I don't know." I lied, remembering the plan me and the gang had originally.

~Flashback start~

"Alright, so you know what to tell her when me and Fishlegs aren't there right." Heather said.

"Yes, I still remember. Don't forget what you have to do when we step into the room." Hiccup said.

"Oh c'mon, mine is like the easiest job. But anyways, I got this."

~Flashback end~

"So, where are they." Astrid asked me once again.

"They went back early." I replied and Astrid simply replied with an 'Oh' without any further questions.

Astrid's pov

Once we were at the entrance of the room, Hiccup turned to me and said, "Astrid, I have a surprise for you behind this door, but I'm going to have to ask you to close your eyes first."

"What, umm, ok..." I said, sounding a bit confused, in fact, I was very confused.

'What could the surprise be?' I thought as Hiccup covered my eyes with a piece of cloth as he rang the doorbell. The door opened as we slowly walked into the room.

"You ready to see your surprise? " He asked.

"Yes, just do it." I replied.

Hiccup removed the cloth that blinded my eyes and I saw pastel coloured balloons and streamers decorated in the room, as well as a banner which says 'Sweet Sixteen.'

"Surprise!" The whole gang jumped out from their hiding spots while Heather slowly walked out from the kitchen and walked towards me holding a cake with sixteen lit up candles.

"Happy birthday." Hiccup whispered into my ear as he hugged me from behind. I made a wish and blew out the candles while everyone cheered and clapped.

"Guys, let's do our special tradition whenever it's someone's birthday, CAKE IN THE FACE!" Tuffnut yelled.

"Pardon?" I asked. Everyone took a piece of cake and smashed it onto my face.

'Omg, craziest birthday ever.' I thought as I enjoyed the moment where the pieces of cake were smashed in my face. The past years were always the old thing which is cutting it and eating it, but this year, it was not only cutting it but getting smashed in the face by it.

"Hiccup, I dare you to lick the cake off of Astrid's face." Tuffnut said.

"What, no. That's gross, not gonna happen." Hiccup said.

"C'mon Hiccup, you know you want it." I said in a flirty tone while playing with his hair.

"You said it Milady, you wanted this." Hiccup smirked back as he sucked up his courage and started licking my face full of icing. Everyone was cheering and clapping and were even videoing us.