29. Intern

"Reiner!" Bertoldt exclaimed.

Eren started taking the hint of what's going on while pretending not to understand at the same time. The two batchmates he had in the barracks, Bertoldt and Reiner, started telling him the unexpected.

Although the green eyed brunette knew, he was shocked and stupefied by the sudden admittance.

"What are you guys talking about? Maybe you're just tired." Eren told Reiner as well, trying to say it as calm as he could. But his mind was chaotic. He couldn't think properly.

"It looks like I've become an idiot." Reiner held his head.

Mikasa stopped, holding her sword in hand. Armin stood beside her to look back at the three people conversing behind.

Pretending like it was normal...

The bulky blonde started undoing his cast. Steams began to let out of his injured arm, healing like it wasn't even harmed.

Mikasa ran towards them to naturally protect Eren. Taking out her swords she attacked the two, trying to cut them both off. However, the two managed to take the stab on a less critical slash, or Mikasa being unable to give them the real blow. Both falling on the ground, writhing in pain.

To think that these two were allied with Annie and Y/n, Eren couldn't believe it. The people they trusted most... and that girl he used to love. The boy almost wanted to think that this is just a lie. That he was in a trance of a really, really bad dream.

The loud explosion soon caused the entire area to be covered in dark smokes.

Some of the scouts who were caught up by that strong shock fell into the top of the wall while the others who managed to stay conscious saved those who were unable to do so.

Everyone looked up as the familiar giant head started clearing from the smoke. Its large hand scooping the currently severely wounded Ymir in his palm together with another soldier, putting the bodies in his mouth.

Levi's eyes widened. Including everyone who Y/n fought during the chase.

In front of him was a titan whose ribs were stuck on top of the wall. Too large for it to even be compared to anything he's seen before. However, that description was something he knew too well...

The colossal titan.

The titan that was supposedly acclaimed as Y/n, was seen in the transformation of Bertoldt. It only meant one thing...

His heart clenched in indescribable pain. His little sister, if not the colossal titan, then why? Reiner was the armored titan and Annie was the female titan.

If not any of those three, then Y/n is little to none in being responsible for all the destruction in the walls and the casualties that it caused.

But why did she protect Reiner and Bertoldt?

His mind was conflicted. Neither relief nor joy came into him but only utter confusion and guilt.

.

.

.

Two days after filling up their internship papers, was the day to finally start their departure to their chosen agency.

Y/n, together with everyone in 1A carried their briefcases and are now standing on the train station. Ignorant as Y/n was, the place almost instantly amazes her, looking on every possibly interesting corners of the station ignorantly.

The class stood by the platform with some few chatters until long trail of trains came in.

"Where were you going to intern, Y/n?" Mina asked curiously. Once again, the girl was surrounded by the girls in her class.