19. Declaration of War

Y/n began to fix her notes as class ended that afternoon. As she was doing that, she heard some of her classmate gasped. She turned to them, finding that their eyes were on the doorway.

"Why are they clogging the door?" Mineta asked nervously.

A lot of students from different courses were curiously peeking at them on the door, when she made eye contact witb one of them, the fanboy frantically waved at her attention. She blankly waved back not knowing what she's going to do.

"You know him?" Todoroki, who sat on the desk in front of her asked.

Y/n shook her head. "No."

The feisty blonde, bakugo, stood up grabbing his bag, slinging it though his shoulder with another look of boredom in his demeaning eyes as he stood by the door.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots." He calmly but rudely said as he typically does. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They wanted to see us with they're own eyes."

Y/n watched Bakugo with a little frown before completely closing her bag. He stopped midway exit while other class looked at him curiously. But his face looked devastatingly more aggressive as he eyed each and every person in front of him, looking down on them all chances he gets.

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras."

Everyone looked at him in disbelief as one of the student started sifting forward from the crowds of students. "So this is 1-A, huh? I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass." he taunted as he made his approach. "Is everyone except Y/n in the hero course delusional? Or just you?"

Midoriya, Iida and Shoto frowned at him as they gave a glance at the girl mentioned. Hands on her chin with a nonchalant look.

Bakugo eyed Shinso even darker. "Haah?" his voice almost like a thug as his classmate panicked on the background, signalling the new comer not to provoke him.

"I'm sad to see a bunch of ego maniacs." He continued, scratching the back of his head.

He the continued to speak.

"I also wanted to be in the hero course, but like the other's I didn't have a choice but to choose a different track."

He calmly explained, his eyes looked around the room, stopping when he saw Y/n looking at him without judgement, just listening to what he had to say that had given him confidence to continue.

"I didn't pass the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sport's festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they have to transfer people out to make room."

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are. But I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this as a declaration of war." As soon as he was done, the class became more tensed, and the explosive blonde stared back at Shinzo's unwavering gaze.

Bakugo clicked his tongue, not until a hand started messing up his already messed up hair. "Calm down blondie. Exploding won't get you anywhere." Y/n reminded before doing headpats.

"Stop that, you cieling bitch!" Bakugo roared making her quickly let his head go.

"Oh, okay." She raised her hand as if admitting defeat before turning to the group of class looking at her from the door. "Good luck with the sport's festival, by the way. Let's all have a fun game." She stepped forward, tapping Shinso's shoulder before the other class made way for her.

"Good luck to you too." The boy replied.

"Sure, thank you, Hitoshi, goodbye everyone I have to go. My service is already waiting outside." Letting go of his shoulder, she started running into the corridor and everyone watched her disappear.

When he turned back around, he saw Bakugo glaring at him more intensified than his usual demeanor. "Watch your back, you extra." He said threateningly before passing on the door as well.

Few more faces and clothes attended on Shinso's sight as he frowned. Kiminari, Mineta, Mina and Hagakure observed Shinso thoroughly.

"Hey, how do you know my baby Y/n?" Mina asked.

"Why do you know my Y/n?" Mineta continued.

"Why are you close with my Y/n?" Kiminari followed.

"Y/n is mine, got it?" Hagakure announced confidently.

"Hey she's mine!" And the four argued with themselves, ignoring the fact they asked Shinso who decided to leave after his declaration.

.

.

.

Y/n stood facing a little girl with white hair. She hid behind another guard looking at her with wide eyed, shivering and afraid.

"Her name is Eri. She'll be staying with us as well." Overhaul introduced.

Y/n nodded as she approached the little girl. "Hello there, I'm Y/n Ackerman." She introduced.

She wasn't really that good with interacting with children since she herself didn't grow up in a friendly neighborhood. Her brother was stern, strict, cleanfreak, a thug and overprotective which didn't really help childhood life.

The girl flinched hearing Y/n's introduction.

"I'm Eri." Her soft and shaky introduction had Y/n smiling awkwardly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Eri. Just come to me if you need anything. I'll bring you some sweets as well."

She went closer, petting her head gently as she observed her more. The little girl was covered in sets of bandages, she looks really thin as well. It made her frown, turning to Overhaul who stared at her blankly.

She won't question this, of course. But her eyes questioning him if she could do something for the girl to cheer up.

Chisaki let out a sigh and nodded a 'do what you want' look before walking away.

Y/n smiled, turning back to Eri. "Cheer up, I got permission to play and talk with you. You and I won't be alone." She said softly stretching a hand at her.

The girl was surprised by what she said. Is she the same as her who is being experimented as well? Eri wented to ask but she was hesitant.

She reached out one shaky bandaged hand at Y/n, taking her hand.

A satisfied Y/n carried Eri up in her arms, surprising her even more. "Let's go have some sweets as commemoration of our meeting." She told her.

She carried her towards her room. She wanted to cheer the little girl up with stacks of chocolate chips and gummy bears the business course were giving her whenever they tried talking to her.

Free sweets are the best!

"Is it fine to leave Eri to Y/n like that? She might help her escape." Chrono asked as he watched from a distance how the young h/cnette carried the younger towards the direction of her room.

Overhaul tapped his desk staring at the golden bullets in his table. "They're both kids, let them play together." He stated calmly that it surprised Chrono how their boss was laid back about the situation.

Although he wasn't satisfied with the answer, he decided to just keep quiet. He does know that Y/n listens very well to Overhaul's reminders and threats. Having observed her for a few weeks were enough for him to know how obedient she was and her gestures were quite neutral to everything. She had full control of her temparament and she acts according to what she sees.

Overhaul must've noticed these as well and decided to test out if she would try to change her demeanor and disobey him once Eri comes into the picture. After all, he'll be taking her in if he won her custody in the future.