46. Tree

That lunch, Y/n didn't return to her class to avoid her classmate's worries--almost to the point of not giving some space-- and concerns for her, instead, decided to read the content of the notebook in the forest.

Sitting through the tree branch, she opened the notebook with suspense. Although she was afraid about the bad news it might contain, she knew for herself that at least it would give her information of what happened during her absence from her world.

Swallowing painfully, Y/n started to read. Just reading the acknowledgement is already making her felt choked.

The entries of expeditions were written legibly but it didn't came close to a report, but instead a casual narration. It made the notebook easier to understand for her while she continued since it is how she's usually hear Levi would say.

The entry started when they were able to identify the traitors Bertoldt and Reiner. How they retrieved Eren who was kidnapped after the two took him away. How this battle caused Erwin his arm being bitten off. The informations were detailed in Levi's perspective, attitude and actions which Y/n greatly appreciated that as she flipped the pages one at a time.

She stopped the moment she heard rustling from the grass. Y/n looked around the premise but found no one, however, she was sure someone was watching her. Still reluctant from the coincidence, she jumped off the tree and started looking around inspecting the area.

"Who is it? Come out." She called out.

Passing through one particular tree, the girl paused. She looked at that tree again only to flinch from shock when she realized an oval like face peeking through it.

The face smiled. "Hi!"

Y/n gasped, her fist prepared as she attempted to punch the face but unfortunately, instead of the face, her first landed on the tree as the entity disappeared inside.

Realizing the pain that rushed to her system, she flinches. Quickly removing her hand off the tree that is now bleeding from the impact.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd be this startled that you'll try to punch a tree." The same voice exclaimed out of concern but the person was not there anymore. His face once again came out of the tree. "You should probably go to the infirmary to have that bleeding stop. It must hurt a lot." He said.

"I'm alright." She muttered, walking off from the tree where the face popped out.

"Wow, look at that dent on the tree. You really are physically strong, huh?" The voice-- no, bright face followed her full of interest as it kept popping on the floor and trees randomly.

"Why not come out and converse with me normally?" The girl asked, her eyes back on the notebook she was recently reading

"Ah, haha. I'd like that. But I'm currently in a crisis." He replied.

She hummed. "What kind of crisis?" She asked.

"It's wierd to say so, but I am butt naked." He laughed.

"Is that so? Then please refrain from appearing out."

"I know right." He nodded to agree, amused to the female's indefferent response. "Guess we started off a wrong track, I'm Mirio Togata by the way."

"Y/n Ackerman." She introduced back.

"Yes of course, that's you! You're really famous. The school has been talking a lot about you lately. Especially that amazing win in Hosu." The young man began to open his topic.

The female glanced at the tree. Closing her book with a sigh. "I don't see a reason for it to be amazing." She responded flatly. To think something like hunting a titan is amazing for the people here.