54. Deal

.

Aizawa stared at Erwin for a solid 5 seconds. It was a look to him that looked like he was just as weird as Hange.

"My students don't have prior training on gears. I don't think I should risk their life for this uncertain offer. Especially when it's the first time we saw such kind of... tragic encounter." The raven haired teacher explained.

"Of course." Erwin returned the glare with a smile. "They all seemed physically capable. So I would like to train you all how to use maneuver gear." He said.

Aizawa was quiet again, still looking dried eyed towards the commander. His offer hits him with a sudden deja vu, remembering that the humanity's strongest himself also recieved the same offer according to that journal he read and Y/n's story.

Erwin is smart. But his intelligence was quite scary to a point where you just have no other choice but trust him.

And if this timeline was the breach of Trost, Aizawa didn't have much data on it since the first entry to the journal was the discovery of the colossal titan and armored titan's identity.

But the vague memory of Y/n's story only told them that probably around this month, she's going to betray them with her lies. But when? She did say it was after the breach in Trost and one last expedition together with the discovery of a female titan.

But what exactly did Reiner told her to make her comply as their accomplice?

Maybe if they knew, there's a possibility that they could stop it... right?

However, the question still stands. Can they change the future? If they changed it, will Y/n in their timeline might not exist in their world?

"Among the graduates, Y/n graduated at the top of her class. So I can guarantee that she's perfect for the job." Erwin said, glancing at the composed female in the group.

"Erwin." Levi glared at the commander. "Are you saying that Y/n will shoulder the responsibility if one of these shitty brats died?" He asked.

Erwin sighed. "Y/n can teach them to maneuver, not to die."

"Besically the same thing."

"Y/n is an efficient cadet."

"But it does not apply to these brats you're going to feed to the titans."

"Which is why it's training, Levi." Erwin smiled to his friend. "If they fail then that's that."

The short tempered man clicked his tongue.

"May I speak?" The female took the two's attention before the animosity of this breakfast goes to the point of her indigestion.

"Go ahead." Erwin said.

"Should we ask their opinion first?" She pointed out. Although in her mind, she opposed to this idea as someone who didn't wish to hinder these people who just recently got up from the underground. They should enjoy the so called freedom on the upper ground and not quickly put them into their doom. "As people who witnessed the breach, it is reasonable to ask whether they are up for it or not." Witnessing deaths of comrades and facing giant creatures who are set on eating their kind.

Hopefully they decline. Was her wish.

"Y/n is right. Apologies. For asking that without prior warning." Erwin cleared his throat and looked at the group. "What do you say?" He asked them.

Aizawa sighed. That commander is obviously not sorry just judging by how he looked interested. "I can't afford having my students see something like that. Which is why, I want an agreement." He started.