67. Precious Time

Y/n stood still, crossing her arms beside her brother while they tried to arrest Erwin in the middle of chaos.

Her white buttoned up long sleeved blouse covered her bandaged burns while her hair covered the small stitch at the side of her forehead. She wore a navy blue folded dress that reached her calf, fluttering back by the blowing winds. Although she did wanted to wear some pants, but it was late in the game when they realized that even her leg was caught up in the burn so to ease the pain of tight clothing rubbing to her stinging wounds, Y/n had to wear it. Her brown leather boots tapped on the ground while awaiting this absurdity in front of them. And to top her fashion, she wore her brooch in the middle of her collar.

"If you're going to arrest me then make sure to have the plan prepared in order to capture the female titan and assist the soldiers of what's supposedly done." Erwin had told the mp's commander along the lines.

The man looked back at him caught off guard. Indeed it's true that he was the brain of this operation gone wrong. But capturing the scouting legion commander would mean that their plan in motion would be thwarted quite immensely.

And being honest here, mps doesn't have experience in capturing the actual titans. If anything, this example is one of the worse thing they could get if all walls would break.

"For now, capturing the female titan is our priority." Erwin added.

Y/n sighed before turning her head to the unseen fight behind the buildings. She couldn't care less about this arrest charade because it's Erwin's fault for doing this in the first place.

His brain may have given them a fighting chance to capture Annie. But it could not predict what she's about to do, which lead to their plan B where Eren could only fight her off.

In the end, they made Erwin do what he needed to do before facing the consequences.

.

Fastforward to the moment where Annie had finally been captured-- or not, as she was able to crystallize herself before they could even question her much to everyone's dismay.

Y/n was also in the scene. Staring at the girl's form. She could only watch her immobilized form, her curled brows and her closed eyes. Nobody could tell what was going on in that blank look of hers but one could tell that she was greatly disturbed by what happened.

It was a good thing that everyone were busy looking at the peculiar sight right now than to what she's feeling, because if they did, Y/n didn't have enough time to come up with an excuse if asked.

"Dammit!" Jean tried to destroy the crystal with his sword, only to was a blade as it snapped whenever he tried to stab it in the solidified form of the young blond.

"To think it was her..." Connie clenched his weapon in anger.

Y/n started feeling the healing burns in her body. She was feeling agitated, scared and disturbed. The fact that she thinks that this might be how they'll see her if they find out that she's probably a titan too.

Her heart was racing, feeling broken at how betrayed they felt towards Annie. Y/n frowned, closing her eyes and opening them again to see two familiar images staring at her.

Her heart dropped as soon as she found Reiner and Bertholdt just in eyesight and the two began to approached her like normal. Too normal, no one would even question it since everyone thought they were friends.

As the two made their way to her, their solemn faces made her even more nervous than she thought she'd be when around them.

"Y/n. I think we need to talk." Reiner called out.