56. Cleaning Day

School... laboratory... school... laboratory.

Y/n's life revolved around these two areas as another day had gone by.

The class, minus seven classmates and the adviser made the entire room wider and the atmosphere dead.

No one can joke. No one can speak out anything better.

Everything was just quiet as one after the other headlines revolved around UA's hero course of class 1-A. Once again, the school faced huge criticism from the media.

Y/n, despite the worries was rather envious of her classmates who managed to reach her home while she, one the other hand, could not. Desperate to find traces of how it might occur again but no matter how she brainstorm about it. It doesn't seem possible.

It didn't have logic in its area of choice. It didn't gave out any signs nor did it gave her hope at the matter.

She missed everyone there already. She wanted to join them into capturing titans and put an end to those who harmed them. Walk alongside her brother once more, probably to spend time with Eren as well.

Make her brother proud.

She couldn't comprehend the thought that she was left here to continue this lifeless kind of living.

True. There are crimes and actions everywhere, but her age and the law does not even gave consideration to her former affiliation as a soldier.

She was getting more and more impatient as days goes by. She gets carried away on her practices that none could keep up with her, as if her other classmate's disappearance was a wake up call that anyone can go to her home... except her.

Not that she liked the idea of them going there having to face titans or worse, getting eaten. In fact, she loathed her brain for thinking that way.  Her worries and at the same time envy had her mind conflicted.

She was going crazy. Just thinking about it kept on hindering her sanity betweem good and bad. Worse, she'd end up like Reiner who couldn't keep up with his facade and reality, creating a split in his mind.

She didn't like that at all.

So here she is, sitting, silently reading what she can find in the midst of chaos. Pretending that she doesn't notice crimes. Does nothing but wait impatiently until they give them the right to kill-- capture villains.

But until then, her life is nothing but a speck of dust from the map of the world.

For now, she found herself standing behind the glass that caged her former classmate. He glanced back at her, not actually expecting her appearance right in front of him.

"So, I thought you won't come back after finding out the truth." He said.

The girl crossed her arms and sighed. "I don't like the idea either." She replied unamused. "But I want to go home. And so will you."

Reiner sat on his bed and chuckled. "Isn't more peaceful here? Why waste your opportunity and go back to that hell hole?" He asked.

"Indeed. It's peaceful compared to ours." She toured her eyes around the white room the blonde was sealed in. He was lucky none of these people wanted to dissect him on the spot considering what happened to Hosu, they'd be more than threatened to provoke what monster would come out of him. "But that's the more reason that I have to return."

"Why?"

It took a few pause before Y/n could speak out her thought. Her e/c eyes looked at Reiner with determination while slowly opening her lips to let out the words.