30. Flashback

"Y/n, help me!" Marco desperately called out to the closest person he saw. Upon Y/n finding Marco being grabbed by a titan near that roof, the girl ran her way towards him. Her sword prepared.

But upon her reaching the last roof she saw Annie and Bertoldt just standing there. Y/n thought that they must've been to shocked or afraid to move. However, when both classmates turned to her, Reiner suddenly pinned her back on the roof tile. Y/n tried to fight back but bertoldt and Annie rushed to hold her down.

"What are you doing?! Marco's going to be eaten!" She writhed in desperation as she looked towards the other who she wanted to save.

"Y/n!" The freckled man's tears were mixed with fear and something else. The h/c haired female soon began to understand what look it was... the look of betrayal.

"Reiner! Bertoldt! Annie! Get off me, now!" She authoritatively screamed. Her feet looking for an opening to kick anyone of them.

Everything felt slow yet in almost an instant, Marco's scream disappeared. Y/n knew it was too late... yet also realized that something was wrong with these three people whom were still holding her down. All of them watched how it happened, drowning in both sorrow and guilt.

"Why?" Reiner quickly stood up as he shakily turned to the young victim being eaten.

The three looked at the blonde who looked very shock.

"Why is Marco... being eaten?"

Y/n felt her blood boiled the moment Reiner asked. Anger and frustration surged as she managed to shake off the two other who tried to hold her down.

"You shitty damn bastard." She made her way towards him and was about to punch his gutt. However, the taller friend of his, stopped her. "What the hell are you guys doing? Why did you allow Marco to die like this?" She asked.

"You're finally here, Y/n. We need to discuss what we're going to do now." Reiner suddenly spoke, seemingly to have escaped the trance of his other self.

The female's eyes widened. "What are you talking about?!"

"Y/n Ackerman... the crystal armored titan. You're a warrior like us."

"What?" She backed away. "What are you people talking about? Are you crazy? What nonesense is that?" The confused female started feeling pain in her own gut. Her temples and pulse pounding rapidly. Fear, anxiousness, denial and confusion.

"You are a warrior like us." Bertoldt gripped her shoulders tightly. "Might we remind you, Y/n. You're the one who chose to betray this place."

The girl glared at the taller man. "What are you talking about? I don't even remember a damn thing that I said anything about being a warrior."

Reiner grabbed her arm, his seemingly other personality glaring back at her. "You ran away. But now that we're able to have you back... you should probably be a better decoy." He said. The man suddenly pushed her from the roof when a titan suddenly came to grab her.

Shocked, afraid and in utter confusion, Y/n began to struggle as that titan tried to bit her arm off. However, she used the hilt of her sword and stopped it mid way from being chopped but the titan's teeth marked her arm as blood began to flow.

"Reiner, you bastard! What do you think you're doing?!" She asked, using her other free hand to slash through the titan's finger, cutting one that enable her to move a little more. With that small opening she managed to get out amd shoot her gear to the wall, allowing her to be pulled with it and miraculously escape the titan's grasp, but she slammed into the wall that caused little cracks.