24. Name for the First Time

HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR TO THOSE WHO ARE LYING DOWN ON NEW YEAR'S EVE LIKE ME MINDING MY BUSINESS.

BUT FIREWORKS AND HORNS BE LIKE: NO SHIT KID, YOU'LL STILL HEAR ME NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.

After that gruelling battle with Hatsume's gadget, Y/n was finally back to her color.

She went back to the bench, sat beside Iida and was leaning her head on his side. The stern class rep was stiff within the whole ordeal, his face a mess of red having to be beside the girl he's been admiring eversince she came in school to be their classmate.

He also had this odd sense of proudness when she chose to sit with him despite all their other classmates being the choices for that matter. And since his battle was done against Mina and won, he's still got a lot of time to let her lean on her before her next match.

"I never noticed this Tenya, but your muscles are well defined. It shows great promise of a strong punch." Y/n muttered, poking the man's arm while her cheek stayed leaning on the joint of his shoulder.

Iida flinched from the touch, awkwardly chuckling. "I frequently train my body in our house. As an aspiring hero, I must be stronger not just with the help of my quirk, but also my intellect and strength." He explained, running a hand atop her head gently. His classmates were right, petting Y/n is really addicting.

"Full points for your insights, Tenya. Sometimes, having stronger physical aptitude helps out when your quirk is not of use." She praised. "It's especially effective when you're trying to defend yourself as I was told that using quirk publically without liscence is illegal."

The young man nodded to agree. "That's indeed true, Y/n. You're learning  quite greatly about this country. That is very good to know."

"Yes. I could hardly believe most of the laws stated. There's so many of them, I can't even believe it myself but I have to."

As the class listened to the intellectual conversation, they began to sweatdrop. They never realized it from the start, but now that the two were talking, it began to make similarities. Y/n's stern, strict and soldier like personality began to come out once again, on par with Iida's stern and lawfully stuck up personality.

They were speaking formally, but their tone were really friendly as if they were some business men on a signed negotiation.

The conversation ended later on.

Watching Uraraka and Bakugo's fight made everyone felt uneasy. However, after Aizawa had briefly explained the explosive blonde's reason for this brutal fight, the stadium silenced.

Iida and Midoriya rushed to her as soon as she was taken away while Y/n drifted off to meet up with the blonde, hoping to spot him from where she speculated that he'd walk from. And as she had thought, on her next turn, she already bumped into him.

"Oh." The girl stepped back after having her forehead hit his chin.

"Dammit ceiling bitch. Watch where you're going!" Bakugo grunted, feeling the light hit on his chin as he looked down at her with his menacing red eyes.

The girl sighed. "You should do the same." She replied.

"What!"

The girl raised her hands up again. "I actually came to see you." She informed calmly before the other start screaming again.

Bakugo hissed. "What for? About the match?" He asked.

Y/n nodded. "Yeah. I thought you were upset by the audience's negative comments." She explained.

He scoffed, placing both hands on his PE pockets. "Then they're just a bunch of amateurs. Why would I be upset? They're the idiots intimidated by my power." He said. Y/n was surprised to hear him in a calmer way than usual. It wasn't her first time, but this demeanor caught her off guard all the time.