49. Agreement

"Hm? This is?" Overhaul frowned.

Currently in the office, Y/n instantly placed almost ten envelopes containing love letters in front of her frowning guardian. Chrono who stood beside him looked just as baffled.

"How do I repond to this?" She asked.

Yes, ten envelopes. Because as she was leaving through the hallways, a number of students started giving her unique letters.

Chrono raised his eyebrows. Picking one and opened it as he read. Chrono peeked on the letter again, baffled.

Y/n watched their face became sour. Their frown deepens, eyes began to stiff. Astonished, cringing? The expression became a mix of emotions with Overhaul's hand began to shake seemingly holding himself back from crumpling the piece of paper.

"What nonesense is this?" He asked.

"My classmates said it was confessions." She explained.

He breathed in, holding what seems to be his temper from that long inhale.

"No." He said.

"Yes?" Y/n looked at him questioningly.

"You are, what? 15? Correct?" He clamly recalled.

The young female blinked twice. "Yes. That's right." She replied.

He hummed. "And these people who gave you letters, how old are they?" He asked.

Y/n shrugged. "I do not know. They are probably close to my age."

Overhaul sighed. "Remember this well." He started. She straightened as soon as he said that.

The man soon turned to Chrono. He looked at Overhaul back questioningly. The other glared at him in which they started speaking with their eyes. The trusted man then cleared his throat and started speaking. "Don't let these idiotic words get you. They only say flowery words in the beginning until they get what they want and wouldn't bother with you after. They just wanted your fame, not only that, they'll take advantage of you any way possible. Sincerity is the last least thing you're going to expect." He explained.

Overhaul nodded all through Chrono's words of advice. He placed the paper down and entwined his fingers together leaning his chin on it. "Do you understand now?" He asked.

Y/n slowly nodded, however deep down, she was confused. "Yes."

"Good. Now, you may go. Leave this letters to me and in case someone give you another one, just leave it here." He said.

"I understand."

Dismissing herself, the girl turned around and left the office. Upon her traces disappeared into the room, Chrono sighed and looked at Overhaul.

"She's growing up." He started.

"She's still a kid. Now, burn these." He tossed the letter to him which Chrono easily caught the paper and sighed. "Also." He stopped looking at the paper and turned to his boss once more.

"Investigate these people. I need all information by tomorrow."

"How far should we look up into theit informations?" He asked.

"For now, watch their movements. Habbits, like and dislikes."

"After that?"

"Scare them."

"To what extent?"

"Damage to a minimum but to the point they piss their pants."

Chrono looked at the man he's been with for years. His words held surprised to the man because for the first time in years, he did not order them to be dead right away. Well, this is better than the usual death rate they had to clean up after him. Well, it's not like he wanted him to think massacre being the solution to dominance, but he's still astonished to how much Y/n was such a big influence to his every action.