26. Clinic

The finalists were given thirty minutes of preparation before the fight started.

Y/n took the time to change her mangled PE uniform after the explosives Bakugo caused to damage it. That time was also enough for her to rest and visit blonde male on the infirmary, apologizing to his dislocated wrist again and again.

His red menacing eyes glared at her, but it wasn't hostile. "The old hag already healed me, idiot." He spat at her, using his supposed dislocated hand to pinch the tip of her nose mercilessly.

"Hey!" The girl followed from his pull that she had no choice but to lean closer  to him. "That's cruel, you'll rip my nose off." She suspended herself from falling atop him with one hand landing on his side on the bed.

"You deserve it, ceiling bitch! You did not took me seriously!" Bakugo exclaimed madly, his red eyes glaring at her.

The girl stared back at him, her eyes were higher, considering that she was standing and the other was sitting on the bed.

"You know I hate it when people don't take me seriously in a fight. But you still did!" He exclaimed.

"Stop shouting, dearie, you're in the infirmary." Recovery girl said, her back at them as she was taking care of some paperwork herself.

Y/n shook her head. "I took you seriously." She told him. "I just didn't want to hurt you that much-- everyone, actually." She admitted. She knew they were strong but in her eyes, they are still children without prior experience to actual battle. If she continued on with letting them keep fighting, she was scared that she'd do something she'll regret.

"I don't care even if that bullshit's going to hurt me! To just push me out of bounds?! That's a damn insult to me! Dammit!" He looked down, clutching his fist in anger.

Y/n felt guilty at that moment. She wanted to apologize but she knew it was the right choice... to minimize the damage and conserve energy she can gather. However, it pained her to see how it hurt someone else's pride from the friend she earned at that.

She cupped his chin and forced it up to face her again. Bakugo looked up at her wide eyed as she met her serious e/c ones.

"Look up and alive, Katsuki. You're powerful and realistically speaking, if there hadn't been a limit to the ring, you would've been able to keep up if we continued. As helpless I am to a continuous battle against you, I hypothesized that the only way I could put up a win is to either sneakily knock you out or make you step out of bounds." She explained. "I hope you undestand that I wasn't looking down at you. I had multiple strategies in my head and it came adding up whenever you escape the other plans I set. So to say, you always saw through them and it was amazing."

"Well said, dearie. I hope this young man will get that and be proud of himself." Recovery girl said behind them.

Y/n gave him a small smile as she now cupped his cheeks. The blonde was still in awe. He didn't really thought of it that way. Because for him, a loss is a loss. And for someone who said he wants to be number one, that loss, it hit his pride. Big time.

"Bakugo, are you okay--" Kirishima paused from where he stood after openning the door. His mouth dropped seeing the current scenario at hand.

Two teens namely Bakugo and Y/n were looking at each other just half a foot away. Y/n was staring straight down at him, her hands cupping his cheeks, one knee on the side of the bed to support her posture. On the other hand, Bakugo sat on the bed, forced to look up at her with wide red eyes, his face also hinted pink hues as his fist clenched. The sight looked almost as if the girl was in an attempt to kiss him.

"What's going on?" Mina also took a peek behind Kirishima and was shocked. She gasped. "My woman! No!" She ran inside and tackled Y/n who automatically let the young blond go as both females fell on the floor.

"Hm?" The girl was confused by her sudden outburst. "Mina?" The girl called out to the pink lady.

"Hey, what was that about? We're all worrying about you and we'll see you here enjoying in cloud nine and forcing Y/n's beautiful face hovering over you?! Scum!" Mina exclaimed.

"Haaaah?!!" The blond was at a loss for words on the woman's outburst. What is with that statement?

Y/n didn't understad her as well, which had her frowning at the whole ordeal. "Please get off Mina. My ankle's still healing." She told her.

"Oh!" The pink lady already forgot about that injury. She quickly stood up and helped Y/n on her foot as well. After that, she pointed at Bakugo once more. "Mind explaining me why are your faces so close?!" She asked.

"Yeah, mind explaining?" Kirishima agreed as well shifting glances on both Y/n and Bakugo.

"Explain what?" The h/cnette asked curiously. Clueless as to why Mina was worked up.

"You two! Doing this!" The pinkette quickly grabbed Kirishima and did a replay, of what they assumed they saw. Just a couple of seconds before they separated in disgust and looked back at the two. "You were doing it and looking at him with loving eyes! Don't tell me you two are going out?"

"We're not." The girl tilted her head even more confused. Why are they accused of going out all the sudden? "I was cheering him up."

Mina and Kirishima weren't still convinced. But Y/n unknowingly thinking that it's been resolved, passed the responsibility to the two in watching over Bakugo since it was her next match.

The thirty minute gave her resting time while speaking with the blonde, but not enough to fill herself with few more cookies the business department offered after the cavalry battle.

Once again, she stood in the ring after the long awaited final match.

She and Todoroki were looking at each other.

Midnight raised her whip and commanded. "Let the battle, begin!"