40. Hero Killer

Drip.

.

.

.

Drip.

.

.

.

Drip.

.

.

.

"Water...

...Is life."

And it couldn't be even more real as the rythmically dripping water, brought out four lives itself from above a ceiling wall as proof to make that phrase to be true.

Exactly in Xythe's hero agency.

But that same water, was also the cause of his despair.

"No, no, my precious books!" The young hero couldn't be bothered by the villains behind him as he quickly grabbed the nearby curtain and blocked the flow of water racing towards the books stacked on the floor.

The moment he pulled that curtain, the current scenario was showed outside, making both Hero and intern looked out.

Outside was a chaotic mess. Buildings were burning and some Nomus were walking.

Phantasma quickly turned from where the two villains had landed on earlier only to be met with nothing but an undone quirk cancellers on the soaked floor. He took out his phone and checked the current news.

"Shit... why here?" He tiredly complained. Of all places to cause a ruckus, why the hell does it have to be in the closest location near him. "Ackerman, stay here and reccuperate with your emotional state. I'll need to do my job." He gave the girl who stared blankly outside a short headpat before slipping off his blanket, covering it to the younger's head as... probably means of comfort before running out of the agency.

Of course, Y/n didn't listen. Staying here when she could help out would probably be a waste. She needed to help, distract herself from this confusion, sadness and anger. Occupy herself to ease the pain.

The girl ran out of the door, it was a good thing that the hero costume equipped itself when they were transported. Pinpointing on the building and then zipping through them as she wandered the city streets.

From there, multiple nomu were sighted, but the heroes were taking care of them each which put her into more desperation to search for something to put her frustrations on. Her chest was clenching the further the time passes and her blades are itching to slice some titan nape.

Gliding through another buildings, searching and thinking, Y/n caught sight of someone familiar on her stroll. Some certain rare bicolored hair and dark messy green hair. She stopped and observed more.

On the side of the wall leans an injured hero and just closeby was Tenya's paralyzed body.

She gripped her sword tighter.

In front of those two was their opponent. It was a middle aged man, clad in black and red holding a katana on his hand bandages were covering most of his body as well.

Obviously the villain in this scenario, she made her pace faster, jumping from the building as she watched them attack. Making sure that she would be able to sneakily hit him at the back.

She thought that if he's not paying attention behind, it's only the most practical way to defeat him given the span of time and stamina her friends had. Not only that, the enemy's bloodlust is reeking despite him hiding the most of it.