62. Trouble in the Black Smokes

The horseride didn't take long before they saw titans outside the wall.

Of course, almost all the new recruits are on edge and afraid as they watched the sight in almost an inconcievable horrors.

The small flying people were on the titan's view, almost fearless. But if you were watching in this distance and would soon do the same stances as they do in the near future, you'll feel fear not just for yourself but also for them who were doing the clean up in the ruined houses.

They keep swinging around.

If that titan was smart enough, it could catch it the moment it couldn't stop being pulled by its own strings.

They feared that being the case.

Some titans are fast. Some are odd. Some are normal.

What are the odds that you could be eaten by one of them?

The horses run for you, they were breeded to be the fastest, healthiest and in good quality to run farther than you could ever do.

Thank them because they are your current saviour. Take care of them properly if you survive because without them, you're but a running pieces of meat ready to be eaten like a fresh fallen fruit.

They will be your partners in your shortlived glory.

//I'm being emotional for the horses. Lmao

.

.

.

Present day, Masutafu, Japan

Y/n was used to getting in trouble.

Indeed she was eversince she was a kid and the scariest she's ever saw was a walking angry Levi making it's way towards her and... if god forbids violence, she'll recieve a nagging and a week of glare before she initiates an apology.

Of course, that's not going to happen anymore and Y/n was relieved-- or so she thought. Because what is currently happening right now is a walking angry Chisaki stomping towards her and she's in for the greatest deja vu she could never have imagined.

Why exactly went wrong that had come to this situation?

As said on the previous chapter, this shall enlighten you... Y/n ran out of the school campus and took a six-kilometer sprint towards her father's empty grave and met a guy there name Inasa Yoarashi.

.

Y/n fogot that she had a service coming to fetch her from school back to the lab, and she was not there.

The guards who were supposedly watching over her are in a chaotic mess. Panicking where could their boss' princess have gone and when did she leave?

Scared shit for their lives they did the search... until seven in the evening.

And then they recieved a menacing call. A call from Overhaul himself as they tearfully answered it, awaiting what will become of their useless lives till then.

Gulping hard, they waited for the speaker on the other line.

"Where is she?" You can imagine the sweat that trickled their bodies as they heard that impatient question.

"S-sir..." the bravest one(at least) of them spoke. He even stuttered.

They looked at each other one more time, as if savoring the friendship(?) they have the past few months they spent together guarding her.

It's been happy times. They sadly smiled to each other and nodded.

"M-miss Ackerman... disappeared from her school..."