36. Theories

Hello writer's block! I see you've come to pester my boring life again 😭😭😭

.

Y/n sat on the bedside, sighing for the nth time.

Her mind still felt chaotic and her body couldn't stop trembling. Clenching a handful of fabric from her dress, she frowned.

She was now in her civilian clothing having surrendered her survey corps uniform or at this point, the young female's hero costume. To her calculations, it already been passed a day since she was taken to prison.

The chains dangled from her hand when she moved, shifting from left to right until she started hearing multiple footsteps coming.

She inhaled, preparing herself to what may come until it stopped right in front of her cell. She turned to the people who stood there, a frown formed into her face.

She wasn't sure who they were, but their uniform clearly stated their affiliation being from MPs. "Y/n Ackerman. Under orders and prevention, the military police will commence your execution."

.

.

.

For a moment the author's entire room became silent. Rethinking life decisions... because that's kind of a bad idea...

.

.

.

Because...

.

.

.

That was a joke.

.

Anyways, the MPs stood there in front of her cell door. Y/n watched them opening the bars that kept her locked before stepping aside.

"Y/n Ackerman, under the royal orders, you are to see the queen." One of the soldiers said. "Don't you try anything suspicious or we'll be authorized to execute you." He warned.

The girl simply hummed and made her way to the exit of her cell with her shackles on, enabling her to make bigger movements. There's no point fighting back considering the circumstances.

Along the way towards the dungeon exit. Another group went to face the warden. Y/n looked up, eyes widening when a semi circular glasses caught her eyes.

Hazel eyes beamed at her wearing a garrison uniform. The soldiers gave him a salute. "Sir!"

"I'll take care of things here, good work. You can go back now." He waved his hands to tell them to go. They nodded and left.

"Sir?" Y/n slowly and carefully called out the person in front of him, still unsure if she was right or she's imagining things.

Phantasma gave a small smile. "Let's have a chat on our way, shall we, intern?" He said.

"How did you get here, sir?" She asked.

"Ah, don't even get me started with the hardwork I went through. I slept two days!" He shrugged.

"Sleeping is... hardwork?" Y/n wanted to raise a brow but decided not to judge him too much because he's still a superior.

She followed the young man on their way out of the underground cell. From the exit, there was a carriage prepared, opening up for her to enter, Phantasma followed, seating on the opposite side of the carriage where she sat.

"As I was saying," Phantasma plopped his weight on the cushion, casually crossing his feet, undoing the button from his collar and started fanning himself with his hand. "I slept for two days in my book dimension looking for you using my astral body because Aizie will kill me if you get hurt." He breathed out, wiping a few beads of sweat from his chin.