The Gift of a Lifetime

HO HO HO, Merry Christmas, or happy holidays, to all of y'all. It's your friendly neighborhood trashy fanfic writer. I just wanted to take a little moment to wish everyone happy holidays, and for all my fellow Americans (Since I'm not sure what other places do about this) I wish all of you a happy new year. Since, due to the schedule I made for my writing, my next oneshot won't come until after New Years. Anyway, I'm rambling, I'm sorry. I hope you all enjoy this calm story. Enjoy :)

_____________________________________________________

Byleth clapped his hands together as he looked out at his students. "Hey, hey, hey class!!!!" He excitedly said. The entire class just blinked as they saw what Byleth was wearing. He was cosplaying as Santa Claus. He even had a brown sack of presumably gifts resting at the side of his desk. Byleth saw the silence as a win. "Santa Claus has come to town." Jr. stood up from his desk in the back of the class and slowly yet calmly walked toward the door. Byleth watched this and even just watched as he left the classroom. "Huh...." He looked back at the class. "Anyway, time has come for the distribution of the Secret Santa gifts. I want all of you to close your eyes. I will be placing gifts around your desk. Oh and, Larry?" Larry Koopa perked up at the back of the class. "You didn't get any gifts so I'll be giving you Jr.'s for you to give to him."

"Awww," Larry sadly sighed as he looked down. Everyone closed their eyes.

"So, how many do you think you'll get?" Ness asked Lucas, who sat next to him.

"Not sure, hopefully, I can get at least one," Lucas said, kind of nervous.

"Oh, I'm sure you've got one," Ness said with a faint blush and an eased feeling that Lucas couldn't see it. Lucas kept his eyes closed as he thought about the gifts he gave Ness. One was a simple gift. It was just a Baseball Bat. However, this bat was signed by Ness's favorite baseball player, Captain Falcon. The other took the "secret" out secret Santa. It was a photo of the two boys hanging out in a zoo. Behind them was Lucas's favorite animal, a Dolphin. The picture was perfect. Ness had his arm around Lucas's neck, Lucas had his around Ness's body, both boys had a blush that stemmed from being around their crush, and even the Dolphin was above the boys, almost like it was smiling at the camera.

Lucas soon heard Byleth walking toward him. "Ok, so, uh, Lucas?"

"Yes?" he nervously asked, scared that, like Larry, he too received no gifts.

"Uhm, I will need to move your desk.....but don't worry about it. Just sit still and don't mind anything."

"Uhh, I'll try." Lucas picked his feet up as he felt the desk move. The desk then stopped, leaving for some silence. Lucas decided to fill this silence with him humming One-Winged Angel.

"You really love Sephiroth, huh?" Ness asked.

"I wouldn't say really, just that I like him."

"Dude....you have his shirtless poster plastered over your bed."

"Uhm.....shut up." Ness giggled. He loved embarrassing Lucas. It could be as simple as telling people he's a simp for Sephiroth, or it could be something much more maniacal, but this story was made for good boys and girls so that won't be mentioned.

A few minutes later, the students heard Byleth say that they were able to open their eyes since he had distributed all of the gifts to the people they belong to....and Larry. Lucas opened his eyes and said eyes instantly shrunk. Ness looked over and his heart shrunk. Lucas was surrounded by gifts. They formed a full-on tower around him and his desk. Another one of Lucas's desk neighbors, Geo Stelar, looked up at this tower of desks and gulped. "Man.....either you're popular or mad simp worthy," he said.