By the book Valentine

Ness was sitting on his bed with a wireless Switch Pro Controller in his hand. He was playing some Astral Chain. He had a pleasant smile plastered on his face as he played. He missed the fact that the doorbell rang. He just continued playing. He even missed the knock at his door. All of a sudden the door slammed open. It scared Ness so much he dropped the remote on the ground. He looked at the door and saw a fuming Tracy. "I've been listening to a goddamn bell for five fucking minutes..." Tracy said.

"Trace, I'm sorry, I wasn't-" Ness tried to convince.

"Go answer the fucking door, or I'll shove that remote so far down your throat-"

"Ok, ok, I get it. I'll answer it." Tracy huffed as she turned around and slammed into her door. Ness sighed and picked the remote from the ground and tossed it haphazardly on the bed, only for it to tumble back on the ground. "Dang it." He shook his head and walked down the stairs. He opened the front door but didn't see anything. He looked around and took a step forward. When he did he felt a box underneath his barefoot. He looked down and saw a classic brown box. He tilted his head and kneeled down. He picked it up and saw the piece of paper taped to the top. It simply says "Ness". He slowly backed up and kicked the door closed. He walked up to his room and sat at the foot of his bed. He grabbed a casual pocket knife that he had on the nightstand. He cut the tape and opened the box. After shuffling through the packing material he grabbed a book. He tossed the box aside and it tipped over dropping all of the packing material. "You've got to be kidding me."

Ness shook his head and looked at the book in his hands. On the book, it said "Wish Book." Ness tilted his head and opened the cover. There was a piece of paper inside. He took it and placed the book aside. The note read, "Whatever you write, comes into the light. But with no details, it'll run off the rails." Ness rolled his eyes.

"Does Ninten think I'm an idiot?" Ness tossed the book onto the nightstand and picked up his remote. He played until he felt tired and turned the Switch off. He looked at the book and sighed a defeated sigh. He picked it up and opened it to the first page. He found a pencil in the top drawer. He hovered the sharp side against the gaps in the notebook's lines. He closed his eyes trying to think. He then shrugged something he knew wasn't happening. He usually stays up to date on everything. So he wrote down "A new boy," but then he remembered he needed to be specific. So he added, "With blonde hair, blue eyes, and who's nice." He looked at what he wrote and closed the book. He shook his head and placed it back on the nightstand. He tucked himself in bed and closed his eyes.

After waking up he did his normal morning routine. He dressed in the school's uniform. The uniform involved having a black polo shirt with a large white circle with a cross-slash in the lower-left corner. There were two choices for pants. It could be basic black Khakis or it could be basic black Khaki shorts. Those were all that was required. Ness grabbed his hat and stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom connected to his room. He put it on his head and smirked. He fixed the small tuft of hair that stuck out from his hat.

He walked out of the bathroom and opened the door. But, he couldn't seem to leave. He turned his head and looked at the book on the nightstand. He looked down and shook his head and looked out of the room. He still couldn't seem to leave. He sighed and turned around. He grabbed the book and left the room. He stopped at the closet next to the front door and grabbed his backpack. He placed the book in the bigger pocket and zipped the bag up. He stood up and turned to the door. He opened it, only to see there was a boy standing there. He fumbled with some index cards, eventually just outright dropping them. He cleared his throat and stood up straight and scratched the back of his neck.

"Hehe, um, h-hi," he said. Ness looked at the boy. Blonde hair, blue eyes. The hair was in a stylish fade, and the front part of his hair slightly drooped over his eye. The boy pushed the hair from his eye. The blue eyes seemed lost. The boy was clearly new, those eyes and the way they look adds to that. Ness looked at what the boy was wearing. The same outfit as him. The only difference is the shoes, and he is just wearing a yellow and red version. He wasn't just new, but a new student.