New Years

Ness

I tried to open my eyes but failed. I always have trouble in the morning. I just really hate this time of day. But, today is New Year's Eve so, the others and I have got some things planned for this day. I've always loved New Year, but this is an extra special one for it's the dawn of a new decade. I finally found the guts and strength to get up. I stretch and go to my bathroom. I look in the mirror and look at the mess I call my face. I grabbed a toothbrush and looked at it. "Nah," I'll do it later. I placed it down and walked out. I was still in my pajamas, AKA nothing. I don't see the point in dressing into different clothes just to sleep. I sat on my bed looking out the window. "Ah, a day I can sleep in. I love winter break." That's when there was a knock at my door.

"Hun, Lucas is here," my mom called out.

"Fuck me," I said.

"Alright, I'll tell him that." I heard her footprints going away.

"What, NO, goddamn it." I got out once more and actually brushed my teeth and changed into my clothes. I walked down and saw Lucas on the couch chatting with Tracy. He looked at me and grey a cute smirk. Tracy must've seen the faint blush I had, Lucas is used to it, but Tracy has never seen it before. She giggled and stood up.

"Let's chat later Lucas," Tracy said walking into the kitchen. I walked down and sat where she was sitting.

"What were y'all talking 'bout?"

"New Year's resolutions," Lucas said. I made a sound that showed I was disgusted with that. "Just because you never achieve your resolution of losing weight doesn't mean I can't have any." I crossed my arms.

"Hey, I'm not even fat. It's just baby fat."

"Huh, that explains a lot."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lucas just giggled which only made me more confused and in need of answers. "Anyway, what resolutions will you fail this time?"

"To be braver, I plan on starting it directly at Midnight."

"Oof, that'll be a tough one. Especially for a pussy like you."

"If I'm a pussy, then I must me Oprah's cause man-" Lucas cut himself off with chuckling and making a hand motion of something large. I understood because I'm a dirty mofo, so I just laughed with him. "Now, are ya coming? We've been waiting for like ever."

"Really? But it's so early."

"Early? No, it's 3:00 p.m." My eyes widened and I ran into the kitchen to look at the digital clock on the microwave. Damn, he's right, it's currently 3:08 p.m. I slowly walked back to Lucas.

"I didn't know it was that late."

"Well, if you weren't so busy watching porn, you would've been to bed earlier." He stood up and walked to the door.

"I wasn't watching porn, I was watching Scarlet Johanson movies." Lucas looked back.

"And the difference is...?" I just rolled my eyes and followed him out of the house. He then led me through the town that was getting set up to drop the ball. The city center is holding this ball, but Lucas and I are headed toward the mall. We spend a lot of time in the mall, and I don't really know why. Maybe just because it has everything we really need. Lucas' dad, Duster, works at the Gamestop in the mall and allows us to use the testing room in the back. Is it allowed for us to do that, not even close, but do we do it, heck ya. There is literally a game that we haven't played, but completed is a different story. Ninten is the type of person to play a game for a few days and instantly gets tired of the game. He's nowhere close to beating Fire Emblem Three Houses, so we just play loads of different games. Little do they know we know a lot of people in those games, Lucas and I at least.