New wings

Ness

I am known as a guardian angel. Me and my fellow angels go out to help those who seem to down in the dumps. Our leader is named Yelone. Weird name indeed, but who gives any craps. I am the youngest of the angels, so I deal with the younger patients. I am normally very busy, so the fact I have this little time to myself feels great. I guess I should explain how we deal with our patients. We become new to their area, befriend, make them happy, then dip. I was afraid when I first started that dipping that it would ruin them, but apparently, we erase their minds about us, but they stay as their happy selves.

I was trying to sleep until my phone got a call. "Crap, there goes my peaceful time," I said to myself. I picked up the phone and read the caller ID. it was Yelone. "Heyo, so I got a job?"

"You bet," he answered with his high pitched semi-annoying voice.

"Who is it?"

"A boy named Lucas, he used to live in a village called Tazmily. He moved to Onett in Eagleland. You know that place."

"Yea I-I do."

"Apparently his family had been torn apart. He has tried to make friends with some of the fellow boys in his school, but they only turned their backs on him. He has been hospitalized a few times for self-harm. He could be a tough one Ness."

"Don't worry, I got this."

"Ok, your supplies to blend in shall be arriving soon, then good luck." I hung up and waited for the supply case to arrive. After a little while, it finally came. I opened the door to see a white box with a yellow halo on it. I never understood why people think we have halos or even wings, but that's not the point. I opened the box and saw some clothes, a hat, some baseball stuff, and a button. I put on the clothes and the cap. The clothes were a yellow and blue striped shirt, and a pair of jean shorts. The cap I placed slightly pointing to the left. I think I look good in it. I get to the button and pressed it. Light blinded me, and soon enough I opened my eyes on a mountain with a house behind me. This was the house I am to stay in for now. I reached into my pocket and found a key. I walked into the house and saw a picture nearby. It was a boy. The name Lucas was on a piece of paper nearby. "Lucas" it read.

"Ok let's see here, blonde ice cream style hair, ocean blue eyes, red and yellow shirt, and the same pants as me. He's quite cute, for a boy that is. I decided to sleep during the day. I had gotten some information on this boy in that small sheet of paper. It said that Lucas is easier seen at night, in a sunflower field. I woke up and looked at the time. Midnight. I walked out of the house and looked into the sky. I took one deep breath of the cool night breeze. "Good to be home." I ran down the mountain and entered the drug store. Before going to the store clerk someone got behind me.

"Ness?" I turned around and saw a familiar face. Jeff. He was holding some tampons.

"I didn't think of you to be someone the transform," I joked.

"Don't even, you know it's for Paula," he said. I rolled my eyes. I turned to the clerk.

"Hi, do you know where the sunflower fields are?"

"Yea, it's near the foot of the big mountain," he said. I bowed my head as thanks. I turned back to Jeff.

"How are the others?"

"They miss you."

"I guess I expected that."

"Where have you been."

"Sorry, I-I can't say. Do you know of a boy named Lucas?"

"I mean yea, I've seen him around school. Seems to be an outcast." I nodded. I started to walk out the door. "Why do you need him."