Chapter Fifty-Three

The days that Carina and Sirius spent in Twelve Grimmauld Place were not the most ideal home they could wish for, but it was enough to give the two those father-daughter-moments – as Sirius had put it – they had missed. One of the things that Sirius had learned from Carina was that she was a clean person, she didn't like a mess, if she could clean it, then she will. He learned that when he saw her one morning cleaning one side of the house and didn't stop until it was spotless. Then there was her boggart incident at one of the rooms that had Sirius running to her and saw Carina at the corner screaming as a boggart has taken shape of him lying on the floor lifelessly – similar to the night when the Dementors came to the Black Lake and almost took his soul, it took Sirius the whole day to have her forget about the boggart or at least cheer her up, and ever since that incident, he didn't let Carina wander off around the house alone. Then the most amusing and common thing with the two of them, Carina hated Kreacher.

The house-elf has done nothing but call her 'half-breed' and 'blood-traitor' every time they crossed paths. Sirius and Carina often found the house-elf crying over the woman's portrait, hushing her as she 'cried' over what she had done wrong with Sirius, and when she started cursing and calling Carina insults.

Everything was great in the Twelve Grimmauld Place, and with the father and daughter. It was all morning jokes and feeding Buckbeak, and night stories and sleep. Vivian would sometimes join them whenever she would come back from the usual scouting missions that Dumbledore tasked her to keep an eye on everything, and she would join in the fun that the father and daughter were having. She would tell Carina funny things about Sirius, things that Sirius found embarrassing, while Sirius in turn would try to do the same, but Vivian was not affected by it as those moments were her time with Emmanuelle. Though, as they wished their fun would last, Dumbledore and the others came to their door.

It was midnight when Dumbledore came knocking on Twelve Grimmauld Place. Sirius and Carina were both in their pajamas and had messy hair. They saw the look on Dumbledore's face, and then the other members of the Order. Something was wrong.

"What happened?" Sirius asked.

They all entered the house and closed the door shut behind them. To Carina's surprise, she saw Alric Alston with Roman trailing behind Moody, and as well as Cedric and Morgan Diggory, both shaken. Alric greeted Carina a fast hello then went to the dining hall to start a meeting.

"Carina!" Roman greeted her with a hug.

"Hello, Carina," Cedric greeted her.

"Hello, did something happen?" Carina asked the brothers.

"We'll talk about it later," Morgan said in a whisper.

"The Weasleys and Thomas will come shortly," Dumbledore said, "And so will Severus."

"Snape?" Sirius asked.

"Yes," Dumbledore said.

"What happened, what's going on?" Carina asked.

"Harry used magic in front of a Muggle," Roman said. "And... there's more."

"Carina," Sirius called. "Why don't you help them boys settle upstairs – there's an extra room for them."

"Okay," Carina nodded.

Once the members of the Order were gathered in the dining room they closed the door, placed a Silencing Charm around, and locked it shut. Carina sighed, she grabbed one of Roman's bags and helped him to the stairs. Roman tried to get one of Morgan's things but Cedric beat him to it and gave him a stern look. Roman shrunk under Cedric's glare and stuck beside Carina for safety.