Chapter Thirty-Nine

Everyone was shaken after the incident of the World Cup, the following day, just as they went back to the Burrow; Mrs. Weasley, Tom, Charity, and Roman's parents were there to greet them upon arrival. Charity and Jenny Alston would not stop crying when they saw their children. Charity had Carina and Maisie into a bone-crushing hug, while Jenny had Roman and Maeve in a secure embrace, kissing their head repeatedly. Charity and Jenny insisted on staying at the Burrow as they tried to calm their nerves, but Tom and Alric had to leave for their jobs, but as soon as dinner was finished, the two mothers left - Jenny reluctantly - leaving the children to spend the rest of their summer with their friends.

The news about what happened has already reached the papers. The Ministry, the Auror Department specifically, received many backlashes for the lack of security, and journalist Rita Skeeters made the news even more dramatic by stretching the truth a little more than intended, which many did not appreciate. Especially Roman and Carina, whose father and uncle were Aurors, and were receiving a lot of inquiries from their heads for letting such a horrific thing happen at such an event.

When September 1st came, the children were brought to Platform 9 ¾ by the Weasleys, there they were seen off by their families, who kept on hinting at something they should know about, but did not. While in their compartment, Carina, Roman, Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat quietly, reading the newspaper as they did - well, Hermione was, Carina, on the other hand, was reading a letter from her father that she was hiding behind the pages of the Daily Prophet. It was expected that Sirius would find out about the incident - the whole world knew about it - and would write a letter to his daughter, asking if she was alright. Carina played with the Mandrake leaf in her mouth as she read the bit about Vivian telling her that she would make sure that Sirius would not leave their location unless needed. Though she wanted to see her father, Carina knew that it was best for him to stay wherever he was with Vivian and Buckbeak as the Ministry and Dementors were still after him.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" The Trolley Lady asked.

Roman got up with Ron and Harry to buy something.

Carina grabbed on Roman's shirt, and she handed her money to him while her eyes never leaving the letter, "Get me a -"

"Wand Licorice, I know, I know," Roman said. He then went to the Trolley Lady and made his purchase, "Two wand licorice, and two chocolate bunnies - the ones with strawberry ears." After paying for his sweets, Roman went to Carina's side again and threw one of each of the sweets he bought.

"Are those chocolate bunnies really that good?" Ron asked as he eyed the expensive sweets that Roman was currently unwrapping.

"Aye, and I also enjoy the faces the bunnies make whenever I bite off their ears - here, look," Roman took a huge chunk off of the rabbit's ear, and the face of the chocolate rabbit suddenly turned frightened. "And it's even more hilarious when you eat the tail."

"So, you enjoy eating reacting chocolate rabbits, but cannot stand the idea of decapitation and quartering," Carina finally folded the letter and hid it in her bookbag.

"Those are two different things," Roman said.

Carina unwrapped her chocolate bunny and then snapped the rabbit's head and body in half, the rabbit made a gasping reaction before its strawberry-eyes rolled back, showing the white chocolate inside.

"Tell me, how is decapitating Bug's Bunny different from anything?" Carina asked as she took a bite from the ear, she tossed the still wrapped body of the chocolate to Ron, who happily caught it.

"Because this is chocolate."

"Any word from Sirius and Vivian?" Harry asked, he continued to rub his scar, trying to ease the pain.