Chapter Fifty

A month later and the students have gone back to their lives, it was as if what Harry and Cedric have said did not matter, that it was a lie, but the tension was felt in the school. Usually, by this time of the month, Hogwarts would be bustling with students planning their summer, making one last run of trouble (for the Bastards case), or moping about their summer homework, but this time, everything was just quiet.

Cedric was asked by Dumbledore to not discuss the Hecatomb Stone that Morgan made to save his life, as it was illegal and could get his brother expelled, or worse, get sent to Azkaban, though he knew it could help as a way to make other realize that what he and Harry were saying was true, he needed to keep his brother safe. Instead, Dumbledore – under the instructions of Vivian – insisted that Cedric was given the Hecatomb Stone by the said witch, to avoid trouble.

Harry, on the other hand, kept his story about the Dark Lord, making people understand that what he saw, and what he was saying was true. But alas, no one would listen but or a fair few. Many in the Slytherins mocked Harry for being "deranged and dangerous" but for Roman, who believed Harry's story, and Theodore, who knew what was coming. Ever since Harry came back from the maze, Theodore has felt it, the rise of dark power, and since then all he could think about was survival.

And when Harry thought things could not get any worse, his summer with the Goldsteins was canceled as Dumbledore insisted that he went home with the Dursleys first, Charity fought hard to have him live with them as he has just witnessed such horrific things and needed a family, but Dumbledore was firm and gave specific orders that they would bring Harry to his Aunt and Uncle in Privet Drive.

"I'm sorry, Harry," Carina said, taking his hand.

"It's fine, I'm sure Dumbledore has his reasons," Harry grimly said.

"But I promise, we'll get you as soon as we can."

"Thanks."

In terms of the prize money that Cedric and Harry were supposed to split, Cedric gave it all to Harry as he did not need it, and Harry gave it to Fred and George, who were both in shock when the two Champions kept on pushing the sack of Galleons to them.

"Take it, we don't want it," Cedric said.

"You're mental!" Fred said, pushing it back.

"Just take it – get inventing and start your joke shop," Harry pushed the bag again.

"They are mental," George said, pushing the bag back.

Cedric and Harry rolled their eyes and then firmly pushed the bag back at them.

"Listen, if you don't take this, I'll throw it at the drain. We don't need it, but what we do need is a few laughs, and where better to get it than you two?" Harry said. "Just don't tell your mother – now take it, or Ced and I will hex you."

The two Champions then left before the twins could argue.

On the day of the term-end-feast, the Great Hall was not covered with curtains of the House Cup winner. It was simply blank and thick tension with all those present in there. Carina sat quietly beside Harry and Maisie, her eyes staring blankly at the goblet in front of her. Her mind replaying over and over what Harry said the night he and Cedric came back from the maze. And she couldn't help but feel a bit of fear inside her. She didn't like that feeling. Her eyes went to the Slytherin table, there she saw Roman, also in a trance, and Theodore, glaring at his plate.

Dumbledore stood on his dais, looking over the students of Hogwarts, Dumrstrang, and Beauxbaton.

"Today, we congratulate our two Champions of the Tri-Wizard, Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory. Who has not only succeeded in winning in all the Tasks but also... returned safely to us after witnessing the rise of Lord Voldemort."