Chapter Eighty-Two

After the Decoy Detonator had done its job, Harry – as Albert Runcorn – entered Dolores Umbridge's office. The room's décor was sickeningly cute, it was the complete opposite of Dolores Umbridge's character, and Harry believed that such cute room will forever remind him of the wicked witch she was.

"Accio locket," Harry said, but nothing came.

Harry went to Umbridge's table and saw a folder. He opened the folder and saw members of the Order with large pink "X" stamped on them: Dumbledore, Moody, Tom. Then he saw a photo of Hermione with an accompanying Data Sheet:

Blood Status: MUGGLE BORN
Whereabouts: Last seen in the company of Undesirable #1

Once again he turned the page and this time he saw the photo of Roman with his Data Sheet:

Blood Status: HALF-BLOOD
Whereabouts: Hogwarts
Status: TRACKED

Harry turned the page again and saw the photo of Carina with a Data Sheet:

Blood Status: HALF-BLOOD
Whereabouts: M.I.A.

M. I. A., Harry read the word over and over again. Carina was missing, his blood ran cold. How could Carina be missing? And where could she be?

~*~

Roman never hated detention, until now. For the past few days, Roman had been cursed multiple times by Crabbe and Goyle, and the Carrows with the Cruciatus Curse. This was what detention was in Hogwarts now. He was surprised that it had not driven him mad. There were times that when they used it on him, Roman prayed that they used the Killing Curse instead to just end the pain. It was better to die than live a life forgetting about who he was, his family, his friends, and Morgan.

"Longbottom! Up front!" Alecto called.

Roman looked up from the ground he barely stood to Neville, who looked angry at the sight of him trying to keep a brave face. Roman's eyes shifted to the line and saw Morgan holding back tears at sight of him. He looked away from him, not wanting to get Morgan in trouble if he would do anything.

"You know the spell, do it," Alecto said.

Roman saw the angry eyes of Neville, he didn't want him to get in to trouble and experience what he was experiencing, so he begged the Gryffindor to use the curse on him.

"Do it," Alecto said. "It's his punishment."

"I think he's had enough," Neville said.

"Do it, you bloody idiot," Roman muttered. "I SAID DO IT!"

Neville did not move. He knew what Roman was doing and will not even think of partaking in the plan.

"Fine," Alecto said. "Crucio."

Roman felt pain surge into his body. It was like knives stabbing him over and over and over again – a no ending pain.

"STOP!" Morgan said.

But Alecto did not. The Death Eater continued on until Roman had pass out on the ground.

Roman woke in a different room. His eyes looked around and saw hammocks hanging around the room and people – students – sleeping on them. He tried getting up but his body would not let him.

"Roman," Ginny came to view. "Something's wrong, he won't speak."

"Ginny? How is he?" Neville came to Ginny's side.

"He's in shock – I think."

"I'm not... just... trying to catch my... breath," Roman tried to get up again, ignoring his protesting muscles.