Chapter Thirty-One

When Morgan was a second year, he had dreams of Chambers, ghosts, basilisks, and a red-headed girl which all led to the discovery of the Chamber of Secrets of Harry Potter, and the confrontation of the Dark Lord's ghost. But that wasn't all the discovery that was made, it was also there that Morgan found out what he was when Tom Riddle or Lord Voldemort called him "Moirai" a witch that can see fragments of the future – of one's fate. Fate can change drastically depending on the decisions made by the person or by the Moirai themselves, and Morgan still has more to learn about that. After the encounter at the Chamber, Morgan and his family were met by Dumbledore at their home, along with a woman by the name of Vivian Solomon, and an elderly witch – a legend, even – Madam Solomon.

Dumbledore and the two witches explained to Morgan of his abilities and advised him to take lessons on it by taking Divination as it was the closes class to teach him the basics. And though he, Cedric, and his mother were open to the idea of his gifts, and accepted it easily, Amos Diggory still had reservations as a holder of Fate was one of the most dangerous gifts of all, and it seems it was given to Morgan, a boy who is nowhere near to his brother's skill. Morgan can never forget the look his father had when Dumbledore told them of his gifts. It was a look of worry and fear, and whenever he would remember that, he would find himself back to his former self, a boy with no friends, a boy who is lost, a boy who is not even sure if he's a boy at all.

And that feeling would always come back when Morgan finds himself drowning in the fragments of his dreams. Morgan woke gasping and clutching his chest. In his dream, he saw a werewolf chasing him or rathe – someone – and attacked them. But that wasn't all, like many of his premonitions, it was all fragments, like a broken glass floating in the darkness, showing only short scenes of a movie. Ones that were all-important yet uncomprehensive when one does not see the bigger picture. It started with the scene of a ring – one that was first found on a corpse of a woman, then suddenly in the hands of a girl with long dark locks. Carina. Following that fragment was the image of an executioner throwing his blade. Then, the Whomping Willow which led to the Shrieking Shack for some odd reason. A dog appeared flickering between the images of Sirius Black and the animal as the man cried out "I NEVER KILLED HER!". Then there was the moon, shining, and in the shadows of the forest, a werewolf appeared growling at Morgan. And that was when he woke.

Morgan needed to see Dumbledore and tell him of his dream, but then he remembered what Vivian Solomon said, "A Moirai has the ability to see Fates of others, we can also change fate by doing a simple act of sharing it with others... if you think that it is apparent that the line of Fate is kept, it is your decision to make... don't think of Dumbledore, don't think of the greater good, think about what would happen if you tell someone of what you saw." He can't tell Dumbledore, knowing that the man would manipulate everything in his power to keep the line of fate in his favor, especially when Morgan could still hear Sirius Black crying out "I NEVER KILLED HER!" But he knew who to tell, one that would not and could not make drastic changes in Fate, but rather stop a possible death in the hands of a werewolf. Harry Potter.

But first, he needs to make sure that Carina gets the ring that was owned by a dead woman. The question was, how would he do that?

~*~

The November winds made students want to bury themselves in their beds and not attend classes, but no matter how hard they wished on stars, they still have to get out of bed or their Prefects would drag them out of it in a very hilarious and embarrassing way as possible. It was the 25th of November, and Carina wanted nothing more than to stay in bed all day, or at least a few more minutes, but she should have known that that wasn't going to happen. Especially with Hermione as a dormmate.

"Happy Birthday, Carina!" Hermione jumped on her, waking her from her sleep.

"Hermione!" Carina shrieked at the sudden jump. She was starting to regret greeting Hermione the same way last September when it was the girl's birthday.