Chapter One

FOUR YEARS HAS PASSED since Carina found the truth of her parentage, the truth of her infamous name, Black. It has been four years since Carina started calling her surrogate parents by their proper titles as her Aunt and Uncle as she thought it would be better as she was their niece after all. And, even though she and the entire family tried to think that nothing would change between them, change was something they could not avoid - sure there was still a tightly-knit family, sharing traditions of family game-nights at home, visiting Muggle cinemas, and other family fun, but as said, change was unavoidable, especially when a secret that has been kept for eight years was about a young girl's parentage. The Weasleys and close family friends were also part of the change, as they were told of Carina's biological mother, but when it came to her father, Tom insisted to not give the name of Sirius Black, as children were just as brutal when it comes to teasing - Malfoy being an example - and feared that Carina would be isolated if they knew. Before, Carina went along with the name Carina Goldstein, but after learning her true name she now carries the name of Carina Black. It was only right that she does, considering it could fight off any more backlashing from pesky witches and wizards who knew her family and her biological parents. Besides, even though it held a dark reputation, she liked the sound of it, Carina Black. It held more power than she thought.

It would be a good start to practice since she was registered with that name, and sooner or later, her letter would come with the name C.E. Black as its recipient, and not C.E. Goldstein. And it would not be long until the said letter would come, brought by an owl swooping into the house, and asking for a generous pay for its service.

It was a fine Saturday at the Goldstein Residence when said owl would come swooping with the letter. Tom, with his day off, decided to fix the car without the use of magic and was failing miserably as the oil leaked and stained his favorite shirt (he and his wife had a bet on whether Wizards were invalid when magic disappears); Charity, on the other hand, was spending her time at the many sections at her greenhouse, as a Herbologist and former Healer, she serves as the "go-to" of the witches and wizards that lived in the area for home remedies for their gouts and poxes, and Carina and Maisie were busy playing football with other Muggle children, and were sure to get scolded once again for getting their clothes all muddy (maybe they should consider hosing each other first before entering the house).

After a fun game for the girls, a successful harvest for Charity, and a failed attempt of repairing for Tom, the family entered the house at the same time with news of their own - well, the girls would actually rather sneak into the house since they were both drenched.

"Look what I got from the greenhouse!" Charity began as she entered the house with a basket full of all kinds of barriers. "Looks like we'll be having Jumbleberry Crumble for dessert later, what do you say, girls - "

Charity fell silent at the sight at the kitchen. From both entrances from the back door and the living room, she was not sure where to look at first. Tom stood from the living room entrance covered in transmission oil, and the girls were covered in mud, and, for some reason, were making a puddle from where they stood.

"Mum, it's not what you think." Maisie tried to reason.

"Yeah, it was Maisie's idea to hose us down." Carina pointed.

Betrayed, Maisie snappily turned to her cousin.

"No, it wasn't! It was your idea!"

"Me? I'm an angel!" Carina placed her hand on her chest and accompanied her act with an innocent look.

"Merlin's beard!"

The girls were silenced as Charity had a whirling wind blow at their way, drying their clothes and as well as the puddle, and once done, she cleaned their muddy footprints off of the floor.